Absynth 5 factory content question

chris.r
chris.r Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi, in order to save the very limited space left on my tiny SSD system disk, I installed Absynth 5 to my external disk 'D', into:

'D:\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\'

the irony is that the installer put then Absynth 5 standalone .exe file there, and the whole factory content on the system disk, into:

'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\'

so I manually moved the 3 folders, 'Libraries' 'Samples' and 'Sounds', from system disk to external disk.

Now, how am I supposed to set up Absynth so that it will see the factory content from it's new location?

In the Options, in General tab, I see 3 empty fields for Samples Directories. I guess I could put the Samples folder from external disk here.

Under there's Template Libraries Directory, I have no idea whether it's referring to the factory content 'Libraries' folder, or some user content, but it's currently set to:

'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Libraries\'

On Browser tab, there's Directories, currently set to:

'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Sound~'

again, no idea whether this was meant for the user content or factory content? Any help appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert
    Answer ✓

Go to your registry at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Absynth 5

Find key named LibrariesDir, double click it, and change its path value with the path to your own folder.

That's should do the job

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert
    Answer ✓

Go to your registry at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Absynth 5

Find key named LibrariesDir, double click it, and change its path value with the path to your own folder.

That's should do the job

• chris.r
    chris.r Member Posts: 3 Member

Brilliant, thanks!