The joint screen is different depending on the library or the operating system ?

TAOTECHING
TAOTECHING Member Posts: 12 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

Hello: I need some expert to inform me please, if the format that appears in KONTAKT 5.0.2 or KONTAKT 5.3.0 or KONTAKT 5.3.1, when you want to configure the articulations of an instrument, such as bassoon or cello, if this screen appears with a different format or structure, depending on whether you use a library or another or if it also depends on the operating system that is installed. I attach a screenshot of Case 1, which is the one that appears to me, when I use the SIBELIUS SOUNDS ESSENTIALS library, with the KONTAKT 5.0.2 version and with the MAC OS X LION 10.7.3 operating system, after having done the bassoon configuration.

And I also need to know that if I use KONTAKT 5.3.0 or KONTAKT 5.3.1, if the screen where the articulations can be configured would have the same structure as if it is configured in KONTAKT 5.0.2, which is the one that appears in the attached screenshot of Case 1.

I indicate a scheme to clarify the 2 cases, and I attach 2 screenshots, one for each case.

Case 1: KONTAKT 5.0.2, Sibelius 7.1.3 and MAC OS X 10.7 ............ (Screenshot of the bassoon of Sibelius Sounds Essentials, attached below:

Case 2: KONTAKT 5.0.2, Sibelius 8.5 and MAC OS X 10.13 .......... (Screenshot of cellos from Cinematic Srings, attached below:

Case 2 was Unstable because KONTAKT 5.0.2 and Sibellius 8.5 were NOT compatible with MAC OS X 10.13) (It closed spontaneously and unexpectedly).

When viewing the screen that appears when trying to configure the Cinematic Strings cellos articulations, in case 2 with KONTAKT 5.0.2, appeared another screen or structure or format totally different from the screenshot of Case 1, which I attach, despite being the same version of KONTAKT 5.0.2.

For this reason I wonder if the articulation configuration screen depends on the operating system or on the library that plays the instruments or if it depends on both.       On the other hand I did some brief tests of power, and expressiveness of the cellos in case 2, and I observed that these articulations offer less power and expressiveness than what can be achieved by configuring the articulations in case 1, in the bassoon, since in that kind of format, you can add I don't know if indefinitely, but at least quite a few lines of 4 articulations: Sustain, legato, sustain#1, legato#1, several rows up and down 10 or 15 or 20 times or more, greatly increasing the power and expressiveness of the instrument. 

Many people will wonder why I use the Kontakt 5.0.3 version which is already obsolete ?  Well, for the simple reason that I believe that any other more modern version does not allow the installation of the Sibelius Sounds Essentials library, which is the one I want to use.  

Thank you very much for your attention.

Tagged:

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey there,

Please note that our community is in English only, as mentioned in our code of conduct sticked on top of the page where you create a new discussion.

Feel free to use a translator so everyone can participate.

Thank you.

• TAOTECHING
    TAOTECHING Member Posts: 12 Member

I am sorry. I thought it would be translated automaticly. I wil have it in account for the next time.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

I wonder if the articulation configuration screen depends on the operating system or on the library that plays the instruments or if it depends on both. 

@Jeremy_NI Do you know if this is the case? 🤔

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

It doesn't. It would entirely depend on how the library was programmed. This stuff doesn't change between Kontakt versions or OS versions. It could change if the library itself had an update (but I don't think this is what's happening in OP's case).