Ram Issue with MacBook Pro M1

Suresh Babu
Suresh Babu Member Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

I recently purchased KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION

I try to load Stradivari,My system says Ram full 93%.system Sounds starts Cracking.i want to use 30-40 Instruments from knotakt with Mainstage for live performance.But one plugin takes my ram full.I don't know what to do.My MacBook Pro M1 is 8 months old.i can't upgrade my Ram on M1.Suggest me Any ideas. Thank u.

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Which exactly MBP M1 model, how much RAM does it have?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited June 2022

Stradivari Violin is huge Kontakt library - 20GB+, the whole Cremona Quartet almost 100GB.... It needs a lot of RAM memory...

Stradivari Violin patch Longs takes 1.8 GB of RAM on my system (Win), Longs Multimic 4.8GB.

Most of NI Kontakt libraries are smaller than that, but still, for 30-40 Kontakt libraries considerable amount of RAM is needed.

I expect you have M1 Pro/Max CPU, so that 16 or 32 GB of RAM. 16 GB would not be sufficient even for smaller projects than 30-40 Kontakt libraries. You might fit in 32 GB of RAM, if the libraries are small. But most probably 64 GB or more would be needed for bigger libraries (like Cremona)....

EvilDragon would tell you better, as he is Kontakt expert....

• Suresh Babu
    edited June 2022

Thank u for this replay.But I am having Macbook pro M1 Chip with 8 GB Ram.is there any possibility like purge…

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited June 2022

Yes, there is purge. I do not use it, so cannot help.

8 GB is, IMHO, way too low for what you want to do... It is shared with GPU, so in reality there is even considerably less available for CPU data. I know there is Unified Memory and fast SSD memory swapping, but still...

And if one overuses swapping RAM to SSD, SSD may wear out considerably....

• EvilDragon
    edited June 2022

Yes 8 GB is not enough for this library especially if you load other libraries and plugins in a DAW project (and you do). At the very least you should have 16 GB of RAM, preferably 32. But this is not really that easy with M1, you'd need to swap for a different model.

• Suresh Babu

Thank u So much for your helps and replays, can we do purge..what is purge..?can I use purge,Stradivari Violin Alone In MainStage...?

• EvilDragon

You use purge from Kontakt's interface, it has nothing to do with Mainstage.

• Suresh Babu

Hoo ok.Thank u soo much