How to stop Play and Stop sending cc7 and 10 information?

Apax
Apax Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi there,

Sorry for asking this here; if it's not appropriate, let me know. The NI side of the guidance was clear and I found the answer for Kontakt in these forums. Does anyone have any FL knowledge that could help?

I need to know how to stop the tranport controls in FL Studio from sending CC information?

I'm having issues with play and stop messing with Noire in Kontakt. Anytime play or stop is pressed in FL Studio it messes with the intrument's volume.

The NI guide shows the solution of [In Kontakt-> Instrument wrench -> Instrument options -> Uncheck "Accept standard controllers for Volume (#7) and Pan (#10)"]. I'm guessing the play stop must sent a #7 message.

This solution works, but is annoying to have to remember to do for any affected instrument and everytime you start a project.

Is there a way to stop the transport controls for FL Studio sending CC7 / 10 information as a setting? NI says to check guidance for your DAW, but I can't find an answer for FL Studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1hvjbYlRF0

The video shows the problem (I now know that FL studio sends cc7/10 through it's play stop buttons).

I haven't found any solutions to this in the Image Line forums.

If anyone can help that'd be awesome.

Best Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure about your particular DAW, but this often happens when the input MIDI track automatically assigns some CC automation to the VSTi.

Look for any way in your DAW preferences to ignore or 'zero' controllers on stop and toggle that.

Also check in Kontakt prefs for Noire if you have the default level at -6dB or 0dB, and 'accept standard controllers for volume & pan'.

I have not had that issue ever with Noire, but did several times with Scarbee basses.

• Apax
    Answer ✓

I Brad, thanks for the suggestion!

It was an odd one. I've found the fix for it in the FL forums, it was in the MIDI out

"In the arrow box at the bottom -> On reset -> deselect the Send Volume"

Then save the MIDI out as a preset and the values are preserved.

I was having a further issue that my Kontakt preset was remembering the state with the "Send Volume" at on even though I'd over written the preset with it off in its own template. Just changing all my MIDI outs now and resaving my Kontakt template.

Not sure why the "Send pan, volume and pitch" option wouldn't fix it, but this meathod does. :-)

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure about your particular DAW, but this often happens when the input MIDI track automatically assigns some CC automation to the VSTi.

Look for any way in your DAW preferences to ignore or 'zero' controllers on stop and toggle that.

Also check in Kontakt prefs for Noire if you have the default level at -6dB or 0dB, and 'accept standard controllers for volume & pan'.

I have not had that issue ever with Noire, but did several times with Scarbee basses.

• Apax
    Answer ✓

I Brad, thanks for the suggestion!

It was an odd one. I've found the fix for it in the FL forums, it was in the MIDI out

"In the arrow box at the bottom -> On reset -> deselect the Send Volume"

Then save the MIDI out as a preset and the values are preserved.

I was having a further issue that my Kontakt preset was remembering the state with the "Send Volume" at on even though I'd over written the preset with it off in its own template. Just changing all my MIDI outs now and resaving my Kontakt template.

Not sure why the "Send pan, volume and pitch" option wouldn't fix it, but this meathod does. :-)

• Brad Yost

Many folks on this forum automatically assume that an issue is related to Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol, when it is actually a setting in the DAW.

Glad you found some useful insight and solution! 👍

• Apax

I think being an FL user I auto assume it's FL. I love FL once all the invisible lines are connected to where they should be, but they sure make you work hard to get it there. I think it's helped me understand "under the hood" of it better now, but simple things are never that. lol.

It was actually really easy to find the NI solution to stop the instrument from receiving the CC information and it was from here (when searching for the answer) I found the CC7 info out. I just needed to find a way for it to be set up and not have to worry in a few months when I've forgotten about it.

You sent me on the right search with my MIDI out sending / applying info to Kontakt's MIDI in. I was stuck thinking FL Studio's Play\Stop controls were sending the info to Kontakt irrespective of the MIDI out, but it was the MIDI out that was causing it (which is logical now I think of it).

Thanks again :-)

• monika88
    monika88 Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi, thank you for these answers it helped me too.