FL crashes/closes when using kontakt

Woodback
Woodback Member Posts: 12 Member

So randomly after some time when using kontakt FL will just close with no error message. I had the task manager up and my memory was at under 30% and my cpu was at 6% when it closed. I was only using 1 instance of a harp. I`ve had this problem since i started using this new laptop. i`ve tried all fixes i could find to no help.

In my event viewer these are the the two errors i get (constantly).

I have updated my external ssd driver. it is connected. it worked on my desktop with no issues. tried reinstalling both FL and kontakt.

im just so lost and don`t know what to do. And i`m not able to create anything if it stays like this... 😔

Any ideas? appreciate the help, thank you.

Best Answer

• Woodback
    Answer ✓

Found out after by asus support that its a issue with samsung drives and their asus products. So its not your issue, but their is no fix as of now. Forgot to tell, sorry. Thank you for all your help

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Any steps to reproduce the issue, or is it totally random ? When you open Kontakt in standalone, do you experience any crashes or malfunctions ? If you use the VST2 version of Kontakt in FL Studio, do you also get crashes ?

• Woodback

When i open it in standalone i have not had any issues, but i have not put down any patterns ofc. I will try kontakt in vst 2 now to see. But my mange plugins page gives me only vst3?

• Woodback

As you can see i have no plugins in the vst.2 format

• Jeremy_NI

Ah, the VST2 files are not installed here by default, please check this article: Plug-in Administration in FL Studio 20 (Windows)

Then please try with Kontakt VST2 as a temporary workaround, it's still not normal it crashes with VST3.

• Woodback

But do you know where the default vst.2 location is so i can try it out?

Appreciate your help

• Jeremy_NI

Everything is in the article ;) By default the NI VST files are installed here: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

• Woodback

I now tried with kontakt being the vst version not vst3, and the crashing still persist....

• Jeremy_NI

Have you tried these steps ? KONTAKT Crashes

• Woodback

Yes, unfortunately

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

You have two threads with the same question. Please don't do that. I have removed your other thread.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Woodback Did you recently update Kontakt using Native Access 2 by any chance?

• Woodback

I did it as a possible fix. But it did not work before the updated either

• Jeremy_NI

@Woodback Are you still struggling with Kontakt in FL Studio?

• Woodback
    Answer ✓

Found out after by asus support that its a issue with samsung drives and their asus products. So its not your issue, but their is no fix as of now. Forgot to tell, sorry. Thank you for all your help

• Jeremy_NI

Thanks for the heads up, I hope this gets fixed soon! 🤞