Some plug-ins don't show up in Ableton

Options
Paolo134
Paolo134 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2022 in Komplete General

Hello !!

I just bought a new computer and I am installing all the kontakt libraries into it.

a few plugins are are not showing up in ableton even tho they are on the same folder as the ones showing up.

the plug in "Form" for example is not showed in ableton even tho it shares the same folder "NI content" which I created to place these plug ins.

also "battery 4" shares the same path of other 64 bit plug ins:

Application location = C:/Program Files/Native Instruments/Battery 4

Vst 64 location = C:/Program Files/Native Instruments/VSTPlugins 64 bit

now for example by checking Native access it is the same path as the RC 48 reverb, but this last plug in shows regularly in the ableton list

Thanks in advance !!

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Form is a Reaktor instrument, not a Kontakt library. Battery 4 is its own plugin, not a Kontkat library.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Paolo134 Try this: go in your Ableton's preferences, go to Plug-Ins, press the rescan button while holding the alt key.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Form is a Reaktor instrument, not a Kontakt library. Battery 4 is its own plugin, not a Kontkat library.

• Paolo134
    Options

thanks for your reply, I understand they are plug ins apart from kontakt but I don't get why they are not showed in the Ableton Plug in Folder.

maybe I'm selecting the wrong folder for ableton to scan?? these plug ins that give me the issue were saved on the desktop and i collected them into a folder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,598 Expert
    Options

the “plugins” from your desktop would have been shortcuts to the standalone executable version, not the VST version. Check the paths set in Native Access preferences for the plug-in location

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

To open Form, you need to open Reaktor 6 first. Maybe this little article will help you to see what belongs to where in Ni's environment: Which Applications do the KOMPLETE Content Products Belong To?

Now, for Battery 4 you might try to re-install it. Here is a video on VSTs and Ableton, that also might be helpful:

• Paolo134
    Options

Thanks for yor suggestions guys, I tried what you suggested but still nothing.

I don't get why because if I check the VSTPluings 64bit folder there are a lot of plug ins that are recognised by ableton.

Also Reaktor and Battery 4 which I'm particularly interested into are there but still ( even after reinstalling them) they don't show up.

• EvilDragon
    Options

Check VST plugin paths in Native Access preferences. It's likely not the same folder where all your other VSTs are.

• Paolo134
    Options

thanks again for your reply, here is a screenshot of the folder VST Plugins 64bit , most of the plugins displayed are working normally, also if i check the installation path on NI access it is the same as the others.

I already tried installing again but still the same plg ins won't show up.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Paolo134 Try this: go in your Ableton's preferences, go to Plug-Ins, press the rescan button while holding the alt key.

• womp_rat_bass
    womp_rat_bass Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Holding the alt-key while rescanning worked for me as of 12/18/23. Thanks a million this saved me a huge headache.