Prompt to save history on exit.

mode:masters
mode:masters Member Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I use the History function a fair bit, but sometimes at a club or event when you're packing up you can easily forget to export the History before closing Traktor, at which point the history is lost.

Can we add an option to prompt to export history on exit?

Tagged:

Comments

• D2Lover
    D2Lover Member Posts: 42 Helper

If i'm understanding this correctly i believe you can you can retrive that that history of your set after closing traktor by going into Explorer - Archive - All your history will be there so all you need to do is scroll to the end for your most recent set.

• mode:masters
    mode:masters Member Posts: 8 Member

OMG. I had never noticed this b4! and I've only been using Traktor for like... forever....

Probably never noticed it because I use the favourites folders/playlists more than the Explorer section.

THANK YOU!

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@mode:masters Is it fair to remove the feature request to the title here or are you still missing something?

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

@Matt @ NI The requested feature is already in Traktor so I edited the title.

@mode:masters worth noting: if I perform a set that I cannot risk losing, before closing Traktor I often create a blank playlist and then drag n drop the tracks from History into the blank playlist and then click on Track Collection> Save Collection.

It's just a failsafe in case Traktor does not shut down properly and the History is lost.

• D2Lover
    D2Lover Member Posts: 42 Helper

No problem, during lockdown i decided to dig a little deeper into traktor and absolutely love it and it's hidden strengths 🙂

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited January 2022

Even better, if you navigate to your "Native Instruments/Traktor x.y.z/History" folder (x.y.z = your current Traktor version) you'll find the individual Playlist NML files. Guess what, you can rename them (but keep the .nml extension) and then they will then have more meaningful names in your 'Archive' folder.

If you don't want to keep a historical playlist (maybe a practise session or similar), you can safely delete the nml file.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

@Matt @ NI The requested feature is already in Traktor so I edited the title.

@mode:masters worth noting: if I perform a set that I cannot risk losing, before closing Traktor I often create a blank playlist and then drag n drop the tracks from History into the blank playlist and then click on Track Collection> Save Collection.

It's just a failsafe in case Traktor does not shut down properly and the History is lost.

super nice tip! definitely happened to me before. thanks!
  • RobD
    RobD Member Posts: 3 Member

Actually, if traktor crashes - and locks, it doesn't create the NML file - it would be nice to have a hotkey save so you can trigger a save whenever you fancy of the current playlist. I also change rooms and i struggle with reconnecting to my S3 so end up having to shutdown and starting again with a new playlist - it would be nice to have a resume playlist function so you can continue where you left off !