[Giveaway] Win a 50 USD/EUR voucher for ELECTRIC MINT

Options
Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,583 admin
edited July 2023 in NI News

Here comes another installment in our SESSION GUITARIST collection: ELECTRIC MINT, our latest collaboration with Drumasonic.

ELECTRIC MINT AT A GLANCE

Sampled from an iconic 1960 solid-body guitar, ELECTRIC MINT features 3 combinable single-coil pickups for 5 distinct ways to shape tone, suited to rock, pop, hip hop, jazz, and everything in between. With 222 patterns and 71 sound presets, this instrument is a perfect tool to craft licks, grooves, and solos right out of the box.

For those already familiar with our SESSION GUITARIST collection, ELECTRIC MINT comes with an improved playback engine for ultra-realistic funk patterns, a tremolo bar feature for greater pitch expression, new effects, as well as a variety of amps and speaker cabinet emulations.

See more details here.

JOIN A GIVEAWAY

Good things come to those who joined the NI online community. To secure a discount on this slick six-string songwriter,ย share a video clip of the most iconic guitar solo of all time - according to you - and tell us why in the comment section below. One lucky winner will receive a 50 USD/EUR voucher or local currency equivalent to be used on our webshop so you can create guitar solos of your dream.

A winner will be announced on July 12, 2022.

Good luck!

Terms & Conditions: This competition is being conducted by NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH from June 30, 2022 until July 12, 2022. By entering the competition, participants agree to these terms and conditions. All personal information is protected by privacy and data protection laws and will not be shared with third parties. Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Soundwide group are not eligible to participate. By submitting an entry on the online community, participants can win a 50 USD voucher or local currency equivalent. One winner will be chosen at random. The winner will be notified by direct message, and is required to notify Native Instruments that s/he accepts the prize within one week after receiving the notification. If Native Instruments does not receive notification within this period, the winner forfeits the prize and Native Instruments reserves the right to choose another winner. A cash payout of the prize is ruled out. The right of appeal is excluded. The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply exclusively; Berlin, Germany, shall be the exclusive court of jurisdiction.
ยซ13456714

Comments

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 82 Advisor
    edited June 2022
    Options

Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall, Part Two

The guitar solo starts at 2:17 and ends at 3:22 (the above video ends a bit earlier though). This is the best guitar solo for me, because despite being a long (almost a minute) one it is still catchy and at least I love humming it in its entirety. Also, the guitar tone and slides are absolutely mind blowing.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

I like that solo too. Let's see how many Pink Floyds we're getting. ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks for sharing @LoveEnigma

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Options

I see your Another Brick solo and I raise you Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb live, Earls Court 1994. It's a mere 4:25 and starts at 4:56.

Reason? I was there. One of the very best concerts I've ever been too. So that's two solos from The Wall, what's next?!

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,131 Guru
    Options

From 1973. The full version of Summer Breeze. The Solo isn't included in the radio edit.

Starts at 3:51

Why did I choose this? Listening will explain all.

• echopoint
    echopoint Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

I would have to go with Eddie Van Halen's eruption. (Solo starts at 2:30 in the video above and what's on the album starts at 4:30) Such an amazing solo. It is unreal that anyone can play notes on a guitar so fast!

• Kaiwan_NI
    edited July 2022
    Options

For me it's John Mayer's Slow Dancing In A Burning Room. Just cause it's interesting to see how his solo has changed so much over the years, from a "dramatic" version like this one from almost 10 years ago to a more subdued version you saw in his recent US tour.

Starts 4:28

• LoveEnigma
    edited July 2022
    Options

Enigma - I Love You... I'll Kill You

Just in case a second entry is permitted. I don't think anyone else would mention this, but this is my second favorite guitar solo from one of favorite songs ever. Again, a long yet hummable one! If you didn't already by now, now you know where my username comes from. ;)

Starts at 4:59 and ends at 6:38.

• LoveEnigma
    Options

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Q: Is this voucher exclusively for Electric Mint purchase? What if the winner has already bought it? If so, can it be used for something else?

• YoungJae
    YoungJae Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

My favorite guitar solo is on Journey's Anyway You Want It. It brings back memories of me trying to nail every note on it while playing Rock Band 2 lol. I always managed to play the first solo correctly but that second solo always got the best of me. First solo is at 2:08. Second solo it at 3:05.

https://youtu.be/atxUuldUcfI

• Psya
    Psya Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited July 2022
    Options

No doubt that Steve Vai is a legend and all his creations masterpieces but this one in particular always leaves me in awe because how can a man be so connected to a beast of metal and wood that it's completely a part of him? It's the best guitar solo in the world for me because while Steve plays here you can literally see him speaking through the guitar which is the peak of expression one can achieve in their art/creations. I think nothing can beat a talking guitar, it's as close as one gets to the realm of the impossible.

• SF_Green
    SF_Green Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Telephone Song - The Vaughan Brothers

So many to choose from but this one stands out a bit for me - I think it's the great SRV's finest. It's funky and upbeat, and he makes the guitar sing, cry, and scream! His bends on this are incredible and his fills with the Wah pedal throughout are spot on. A great performance from a legend.

• Cdavis44
    Cdavis44 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Life in the fast lane-Eagles

amazing solo by joe Walsh and don felder-

starts at 4:07

https://youtu.be/GUIO4QTB2VM

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 134 Pro
    Options

Metallica! ...And Justice for All

Maybe not the most technically brilliant solo of all time but, when I am in a certain kind of mood this one just HITS

Solo starts at 5:05

• KindredSpirit
    KindredSpirit Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

As my initial choices have already been chosen - Pink Floyd. I present Peter Frampton โ€œDo you feel like we doโ€.

https://youtu.be/V9Yq5m9eLIQ Starts at 11.26 - 14.06

This discussion has been closed.