Beatport Streaming track handling.

zephry
zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro
edited October 2022 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

Please add Track analysis to be automatically done, even if not selected in preferences.

Add option to analyze 2x for Autogain.

Or somehow change Auto gain to be applied on first analysis.

1 votes

Closed · Last Updated

This idea did not receive enough support from the community.

Comments

• jacques
    jacques Member Posts: 7 Member

I didn't check recently but is the analysis data now stored at least so that when loading a track again for streaming, traktor doesn't re-analyze it again? If not, I would like to add to this request to at least store Traktor metadata locally for tracks.

• Jonas_NI
    Jonas_NI Product Team Posts: 127 mod

@zephry

I think this behaviour is already filled as a bug as, if the preference is enable, any track should be analysed when it's imported. The problem here is that importing a track and downloading it are two different things and analysis can only be done after a download (i.e. when the track is loaded into a deck or when you force the analysis a second time). Definitively something we have to fix for the future

@jacques

Analysis data is stored for every track imported into your collection. It doesn't matter if it comes from streaming source, iTunes or your local harddrive. Once it's analysed, it's supposed to be analysed once and for all.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

The reason for the automatic analyzing would be for those who keep the option turned off. From helping others in the forum, I have noticed they are trying to analyze from the browser like they would batches of tracks, they are also loading tracks and not understanding why there is no grid or stripe. I understand how it all works, but others are thinking its a bug, this could be an easy way to slow down questions to support and angry users.

I think the auto analyzing would be a better way, since as you and I understand they need to be downloaded first anyway.

I also would really like to emphasize how much easier it would be to have analyze 2x for autgain for those of use that use it. Sometimes the track is not easy to load again since it has moved offscreen in the browser.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hey, thanks a lot for submitting this idea. Unfortunately it didn't receive enough votes over the allotted time. We're closing the post.

Note that our ideas section doesn't reflect the Traktor team's backlog. Even if this idea hasn't been brought up to the team at this time, that doesn't mean it'll never be implemented in the future.

For more info about how your feedback reaches NI, please have a look here.

This discussion has been closed.