Solved - Raum preset save problem

Attila Horvath
Attila Horvath Member Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hello!

SOLVED:

works fine after reboot 4 :)

I can't save a preset in Raum, this is an error message.

I try whatever name (no special characters), the same.

What could be the reason? What is the solution?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Speaking Colors
    Speaking Colors Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Answer ✓

Thanks Eddie & Nico,

Raum is already up to date. To note, I mentioned "a part" of Raum, Raum works on M1 yes, I was wondering if it's only that precise part about user presets, but finally with Eddie location, now it works.

I had seen the ~/Documents/Native Instruments/ folder, in which all my NI instruments folders are there, but they're all empty, including Raum. The current hierarchy it had was ~/Documents/Native Instruments/Raum and inside is empty, by myself I added Sounds, User, User Preset, User Presets, User Preset Folder, User Presets Folder, just to see if that would somehow let Raum save presets. I did the same with both /Library locations. I created the one you mentioned, let's see.

Yup, it was only missing that folder. Can you report it to support for me? I don't need to be contacted as creating the folder myself fixed it, but reporting that in some cases that folder location might not get created by default, will help others and cut down on your support needs. I assume it might be something very simple like a line that has been commented and they simply forgot to bring it back as a normal line. It appears the installation creates a part of the proper route, but not the one that Raum expects.

Thanks anyway, it worked.

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Thanks for sharing the solution Attila!

• Speaking Colors
    edited November 2022

I have the same issue and a reboot didn't fix it. Is it because that part of Raum isn't compatible with M1 yet?

I notice that when I click on "Show User Preset Folder" nothing happens, I also cannot find that folder on my Mac, what is its usual location so I can go ahead and create it myself? Your support guide doesn't say which location is it.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Raum is compatible with M1 already. Did you update to its latest version? Don't hesitate to report this issue to our support if it persists.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod

Raum is fully M1 compatible since version 1.3.0. The user preset folder is supposed to be:

/Users/your_user_name/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/Raum

• Speaking Colors
    Answer ✓

Thanks Eddie & Nico,

Raum is already up to date. To note, I mentioned "a part" of Raum, Raum works on M1 yes, I was wondering if it's only that precise part about user presets, but finally with Eddie location, now it works.

I had seen the ~/Documents/Native Instruments/ folder, in which all my NI instruments folders are there, but they're all empty, including Raum. The current hierarchy it had was ~/Documents/Native Instruments/Raum and inside is empty, by myself I added Sounds, User, User Preset, User Presets, User Preset Folder, User Presets Folder, just to see if that would somehow let Raum save presets. I did the same with both /Library locations. I created the one you mentioned, let's see.

Yup, it was only missing that folder. Can you report it to support for me? I don't need to be contacted as creating the folder myself fixed it, but reporting that in some cases that folder location might not get created by default, will help others and cut down on your support needs. I assume it might be something very simple like a line that has been commented and they simply forgot to bring it back as a normal line. It appears the installation creates a part of the proper route, but not the one that Raum expects.

Thanks anyway, it worked.

• Eddie_NI

It sounds like to me like some problem with disk access rights. There must be a reason why Raum was not able to create that folder on your disk. We tested Raum and our other products on all supported macOS versions and have not encountered this problem. This is very odd 🤨

• mr-es335
    mr-es335 Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2023

Hello,

In all honesty, I do not believe this to be any other issue that an installation isue!!

I had the very same issue on three different systems.

Solution [For PC]: Create a folder path of - [Documents]\Native Instruments\User Content\Raum

Once created...all works as it should!

PS: I do hope that NI "fixes" this issue...my-oh-my!!

• Eddie_NI

@mr-es335

It is not really an installation issue because that `User Content` folder does not get created during installation but the first time you run Raum. So for some strange reason Raum is not allowed to create that folder on your computers.

Did you try different DAWs on those different computers?