Maschine+ How can I assign my 127 Slices to the groups?

ahoerschler
ahoerschler Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

Hello together,

I have the last Version of Firmware installed on my Maschine+.

I divide a Sample in 127 Slices. But only the first 16 can be assigned to a Group A.

I changened then to Slice 17, selected Bank ist now 2, but after saving in a new Group B, Group A und B will playing the same Slices.

In one time if I change it in the Sampler to 17-32, then group A+B will play slice 17-32.

If I change to 1-16, both groups A+B play the slices 1-16.

What´s going wrong by my workflow?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Assuming your want to use them in Pad Mode Maschine has no way to allocate more than 16 Slices to a Group, it just ignores the rest, pretty dumb but that's how it is.

You can use the "Single" pad allocation feature that shows up above top-button5 after you press Apply, this only applies the selected slice to a new Pad but you have to do it for each Slice... and with 127 it would be a nightmare unless you only plan to use some of those slices.

The best approach IMO is to truncate your sample into smaller pieces so you slice each smaller bit in 16 Slices max then apply each it to a new Group.

• D-One
    Answer ✓

@ahoerschler asked:

Is there no way to get slices 17-32 seperate to a group B ?

No.

Answers

• CRS
    CRS Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2022

I have a question to help me understand you from the the beginning.

Are you slicing the sample in Maschine+ or are you importing sliced samples?

I have a suggestion that will lay your samples across keyboard grid in Maschine. It's the difference between laying your samples across the 16 Pads (max 16 samples) or laying the samples across your Keyboard (Max 120 samples).

The best way I can help you understand me is by using my gear as an example. Once I find out what you are working with I can help with the best way using your gear. If you are interested in hearing it let me know.

😀For now I will tell you this. By laying out the 120 samples across the keyboard grid. I was able to download a midi app for my iPhone(Android as well) that has 96 pads and if I add the 16 pads I have 120 samples that can be triggered. I believe this is a way to achieve what you are looking for. It's the difference between Pad Mode And Keyboard Mode. 😀

Trying to imagine what you're attempting to do. If I'm guessing correctly there is a high level of difficulty to achieve functionality of it let alone to use that many samples to make beats live or in a studio setting. FYI not discouraging you I support challenging experimentation. Since I'm guessing I could be way off. I hope to hear more info to understand better.

Anyway, let me know if you want to hear how I am using my stuff. If not let me know what gear you have and I can explain how you could use your gear to its maximum potential.

Either way, thank you for this post. You gave me some ideas. Also, what I find out about Maschine+ in this post will help me know if I need one.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Jeremy_NI Do you have any tips on how to assign slices to the groups the way ahoerschler wants? 😀

• D-One
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Assuming your want to use them in Pad Mode Maschine has no way to allocate more than 16 Slices to a Group, it just ignores the rest, pretty dumb but that's how it is.

You can use the "Single" pad allocation feature that shows up above top-button5 after you press Apply, this only applies the selected slice to a new Pad but you have to do it for each Slice... and with 127 it would be a nightmare unless you only plan to use some of those slices.

The best approach IMO is to truncate your sample into smaller pieces so you slice each smaller bit in 16 Slices max then apply each it to a new Group.

• ahoerschler

Thank you for your answers.

I´m now back from a business trip, so sorry for my late answer here.

My idea was to "Apply" the first 1-16 slices to groupe A, then I can select the slices 17-32 an apply then to group B and so on... little work but easy to handle it.

The result is: in every group I have only the first slices 1-16.

(without the "single" option, then I lost 3 hours of my live :-) )

Thanks

• D-One
    Answer ✓

@ahoerschler asked:

No.

• ahoerschler

Thanks for the short and pregnant answer. :-)