Komplete 14 expected this Sep/Oct.. as per previous 2 year patterns?

nightjar
nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru
edited June 2022 in Komplete General

Komplete's three most recent versions have had a Fall release (Sep or Oct). Komplete 13 will be 2 years old this Oct...

So good reason to expect Komplete 14 in the next 3-4 months. Same as prediction for public release of next Komplete Kontrol.

So for those that already own Komplete 13 UCE.. what new products have come out since Oct 2018 that will be part of Komplete 14 UCE?

At this point, it makes little sense to buy anything new from NI if you plan to upgrade the collection this Fall.

I strongly wish there was a way to "pre-purchase" Komplete 14 UCE upgrade now and get all the interim content. There really isn't a good reason to not offer this option.

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Which company has such an offer? I could buy K20U CE Update now and be safe for next 14 years. Would be great!!!!

NI had one month protection period before K13 release.... People who bought K12 got update to K13 for free. Some other companies have something similar for one, two months. But 3 or more.... I do not know....

And I guess no company provides not included plugins before release of bundle....

One has to wait, or buy it... Or go subscription....

And ones, who want to save and buy on Sale will have to wait even longer.... Probably till summer 2023.

• nightjar
    edited June 2022

Sure.. they could offer you the K20 UCE now, only thing hard to calculate would be a price to charge in 2022.

But offering a price on K14 UCE upgrade would be easy to calculate at this point. Same price as it's gonna be this Sep/Oct.

And who would complain and see this as a problem?

NI gets $$ now instead of Sep/Oct.

Call it "Early Access" price.

• Kubrak

What company does it like that? AFAIK none.... If one wants everything now, there are subscription plans.... But many people do not want them for reason...

What NI could do is to adapt price of upgrade somehow to what user already bought... Eventide does it so, but even that is not ideal.... In case of NI one may sell excess plugins/libraries after upgrade....

• nightjar

Doesn't matter if any other company does it this way or not.

It's a fine idea and I can't think of any significant downside for anyone.

And instead there is a very good upside for users and NI alike.

• Kubrak

If no company makes it, there is most probably some kind of downsize for manufacturer...

For example, many plugins are thirdparty reselled by NI. Creator may get more from separate licence than from licence in bundle...

Also, it may not be clear, what will be contained in given bundle. What plugins should get now users of Komplete Select, that would buy "preliminary" K14S?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

We already had a thread about K14 here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/2620/komplete-14-due-out-this-summer

Please let's try to keep things clean and stick to one thread 🙌

This discussion is now closed.

This discussion has been closed.