Installing Komplete on c drive or ssd srive

Jimster
Jimster Member Posts: 16 Member
edited July 2022 in Native Access

I've just purchased komplete 13 collection and downloaded the programs to c drive and the instruments and effects went to a USB drive however I'm running out of space on my c drive and will need to upgrade to a larger ssd drive if I clone my c drive to a larger drive will the programs and instruments and effects still work please would someone advise what I should do

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 403 Pro

For instruments, SSD drive or better is always recommended - you can relocate that content, which is much easier than cloning. A bit time consuming to transfer, but the best way to do it, in my experience.

• Jimster

Thanks for your reply so start a fresh windows installation then relocate the programs will I have to relocate what's on my USB drive or just the programs on c drive

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 403 Pro

If it were me - and I did this before a recent computer upgrade - I'd stick the instruments I used on the fastest drive, and then partition the other, slower drive, for the least used instruments.

I upgraded to a 4TB NVME, so now I have 2TB free, and that's 13 UCE, plus a lot of 3rd party, but still space for more. If you're using lots of instruments, it's worth the price to get as fast a drive as you can.

In the meantime, frugal installation of your most used instruments will lead to the shortest loading time, and least frustration.

• Jimster

Thanks for your advice