Every time I start Logic, it tells me "One or more Kontakt instances cannot be recalled...", etc

vertint01
vertint01 Member Posts: 18 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Just upgraded to Komplete Ultimate Collector's Edition. (Thanks, NI, for your June upgrade deal!). Downloaded all the content that I wanted onto my external drive. Used Native Access to set the directory correctly.

Every time I open Logic now, I get the...

"One or more Kontakt instances cannot be recalled correctly, perhaps due to missing content. Please open any Kontakt instance in your host, Komplete Kontrol or Maschine to resolve the issue."

...error. So, I go in, open some Kontakt instrument, find out that 12,600 or so files can't be found, locate them, and move on.

The next time I open a Logic project...rinse and repeat.

Quintuple checked the setting in Native Access. It points in the right direction.

I'm doing something stupid wrong (again). But for the life on me can't figure it out.

Running Logic 10.7.4 under Rosetta. Mac OS 12.4. Mac Mini M1 w/16 GB of RAM.

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

That is expected. You need to do this missing content path resolving, then resaving the project, for every project that used affected library/libraries, because paths to samples are written into Kontakt's plugin data chunk (which ultimately gets saved inside your DAW project file). If you just resolve missing content, then close the project without saving, you're back to the state that was before project was loaded, it would search for samples at the paths that are written into the project file.

This only affects libraries that are not Kontakt Player encoded.

Answers

• vertint01

To be clear, it happens whenever I open a project, not just start Logic. Even if I "fixed" it previously in a project, the next time I open the file...rinse and repeat.

• vertint01

One final PS-Yes, I reviewed the knowledge base article and followed the instructions. Did not solve the issue.

Sorry for the serial post(s).

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

Did you first launch Kontakt and/or Komplete Kontrol in Stand Alone Mode to allow them to scan and register into the database all the new libraries?

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Long shot, but have you allowed spotlight to index the external drive? I had similar problems in logic when I didn’t, trying to save cpu cycles. That was a drummer issue, not Kontakt, but just in case

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

After you let Kontakt find the missing files, you need to resave your Logic project. Then this will be remembered the next time you open it.

• vertint01

Thanks for the help, folks.

No I haven’t deliberately promoted a reindex of the drive. Will give that a try.

Yes to both running Kontakt stand-alone and saving the LPX project. Neither fixes the problem.

Another clue? If I freeze then unfreeze a Kontakt track, I have to relocate the files again.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@vertint01 Have you moved files before / after installing the new libraries ? If you open Native Access, are there any libraries with a repair symbol ? Does Native Access and Kontakt have Full Disk Access ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Also check the end of this article: KONTAKT Error Message: "The state of some Kontakt instances cannot be recalled correctly"

Any luck ?

• vertint01

Thanks for the suggestions. Nothing showing as needing repairs. I’ll double check on Kontakt having full disk access. I know Native Access does, and I think I did Kontakt as well.

Followed all the steps in the support article your referenced. No joy.

I’ll check on the disk access, but if that’s not it, should I just reinstall everything?

Thank you again.

• Jeremy_NI

Let me know how that works out, before reinstalling everything I will forward you to my colleagues from support to see if there is a less drastic solution.

• vertint01

Kontakt indeed has complete disk access.

• Jeremy_NI
  • vertint01

No sir. Native Access shows everything as fine.

• Jeremy_NI

@vertint01 Ok, we've contacted you by email, check your inbox.

• vertint01

Thank you. Just saw it. Much appreciated.

• Jeremy_NI

@vertint01 It seems you were already in contact with one of our support agents, next time let me know.