Maschine MK2 scene playback issue

lucidhiphop
lucidhiphop Member Posts: 3 Member

I've been trying to solve this super simple issue for hours and this is my last resort. On the newest version of the MK2 software (I'm on iOS) I cannot figure out how to simply playback all of my scenes together. It only loops one scene at a time. Most of the solutions online are years old - I've tried SELECT + RESTART and no luck. I've messed with just about every interface icon there is and can't get anywhere.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

this switch toggles between scene/song mode & the patterns mode

in scene mode you establish all your patterns you wish to trigger

your scenes in scene/song mode progress from left to right.. in the sequence you lay them..

youll figure it out!! *winks

good luck!

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper

If you are in song mode and it's still looping make sure you do not have the "loop" setting turned on. It's turned on in the image below:

• lucidhiphop

so this is making sense to me but if I already made a bunch of patterns in scene mode it seems like I can't use them in song mode? I have to start a pattern in song mode in order to use it there?

for example, i have a sample pattern and a drum pattern in scene mode, but in song mode I can only add empty clips

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

If you right click in the box with the "+" you can then choose a scene to enter in that slot

Here's a link to a video by Jef Gibbons that you might find helpful:

• lucidhiphop

many thanks!!! I got it now finally. They complicated the original setup quite a bit but I understand