Does Komplete 13 work with Maschine +

converted
converted Member Posts: 23 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

Hi , I'm sure this is asked a lot - im considering upgrading from my Maschine mk3 to

a macshine +

does anyone know - if my KOMPLETE 13 will work with the unit and expansion packs ive bought?

it seems a bit unclear from the videos I've watched

Tagged:

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

If you don't need to be standalone and you like the MK3 workflow I'm afraid it's not really going to feel like an upgrade. Your expansions will all work fine but M+ only has a small subset of Komplete instruments.

• converted
    converted Member Posts: 23 Member

I see so it still has its own version of Maschine + synths/app - rather than compatible with existing bundles - ermm -

shame - I guess it will update tho ?- but will we have to re-buy things for it to work??

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

I don't think you will need to rebuy anything. When you are connected to a computer it will be exactly like your MK3 with access to everything you have licensed through K13.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro

What would be the reason to upgrade from mk3 to plus? Basically it’s a big step back regarding supported synths and fx on plus, with the only advantage stand-alone (still needs power, no battery). So the standalone thing needs to be a very important aspect for you. Just saying.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

it all depends on your needs and the use you want, now you can make your own synthesizer sounds with M+ and the autosampler, I've never felt cramped on this Maschine, for me the only thing missing is M+ it's not having a view of the automation curves. But I couldn't replace the M+ with an MK3, it would be too restrictive for me, no longer making music in almost any place (at work, on the train, on vacation by the pool.. .) an M+, a battery, and headphones, it's great. Besides, I can't do that on compositions where I use a TD3 or TB3 ... unless I sample the patterns in the M+