Can Sensel Morph work with Kontakt (for MPE purposes)?

MattTheBat
MattTheBat Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

Hey all, I just watched this video on how someone set up the seaboard rise with Kontakt (How to use a Seaboard RISE with Kontakt - YouTube).

I’m wondering, would the sensel morph (another MPE controller like the Seaboard RISE) be set up in Kontakt in the same way the seaboard rise is set up in it, in that video? Also, has anyone got there sensel morph working with Kontakt? Lastly, some Kontakt sample libraries aren’t designed for MPE use, but in the video linked above, people were able to get non-MPE Kontakt libraries working as if they were MPE compatible; I’m wondering if that would work for all Kontakt libraries using the method in the video?

Thanks,

-Matt

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Any device that sends properly formed MPE will work with Kontakt. It's just MIDI after all. But the thing is that the instrument also needs to be scripted in a way that supports MPE (like for example Ashlight).

Answers

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 211 Advisor

Yes, sensei morph is a midi controller and will work with any software that accepts midi input.

sadly, due to supply chain issues, the morph is discontinued.

i was lucky to be early adopter and love it and will not part with mine.

• MattTheBat
    MattTheBat Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

So I see that the Sensel Morph can work with Kontakt as a MIDI controller, but could it work as an MPE controller? (As in be able to pitch bend and do slides/aftertouch per note)? Seaboard RISE can do this in Kontakt, just wondering if you know whether or not the sensel morph can

Tysm!

-Matt

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

I've only seen tutorials of Roli Seaboard with Kontakt in the past as well...

@Jeremy_NI Do you have any experience with Sensel Morph? 🤔

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Any device that sends properly formed MPE will work with Kontakt. It's just MIDI after all. But the thing is that the instrument also needs to be scripted in a way that supports MPE (like for example Ashlight).

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

I don't, there are not so many out in the world, but as @EvilDragon said if it's an MPE device it should be the same as Roli.