Can I use Reason 12 with NI Komplete 13 and NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MKII?

grider
grider Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited June 2022 in Komplete General

I'm a newbie, I've messed around with Reason for a few years and have Reason 12 currently. I'm looking to get Komplete 13 Ultimate and possibly Machine MK3 and the NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MKIII.

So my question is: Is Reason 12 (used for DAW) and the NI Komplete 13 software and NI hardware completely compatible with each other? Or should I look for a different DAW altogether?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @grider Yes, you can use all of our plug-ins and libraries inside Reason 12 as it supports the VST2 format.

It is not yet possible to open the Reason rack in the Maschine software on WIndows as it is only available in the AU or VST3 format. This will be possible in a few months though.

You can use the Komplete Kontrol keyboard as a standard MIDI keyboard and to control your NI instruments in the Komplete Kontrol plug-in in Reason but there are no host integration features like for Ableton, Logic, Studio One or Pro Tools.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @grider Yes, you can use all of our plug-ins and libraries inside Reason 12 as it supports the VST2 format.

It is not yet possible to open the Reason rack in the Maschine software on WIndows as it is only available in the AU or VST3 format. This will be possible in a few months though.

You can use the Komplete Kontrol keyboard as a standard MIDI keyboard and to control your NI instruments in the Komplete Kontrol plug-in in Reason but there are no host integration features like for Ableton, Logic, Studio One or Pro Tools.