Problem with CDJ 2000 Nexus 2

mlgfx
mlgfx Member Posts: 3 Member

Hey guys,

I'm currently thinking about switching up the way I DJ and want to connect 2 CDJ 2000 NXS2 to my Macbook and control Traktor with them. I watched some guides to help me set everything up but I encountered a problem.

I connected both CDJs and used the Aggregator tool. After that I went into Traktor settings and there I only see 2 output options: Front Left and Front Right. This means that both CDJs output everything only on 1 Line instead of 2. How can I change this? I tried looking into the Audio MIDI app from my Macbook but can't seem to figure it out.

Any help is appreciated!

Tagged:

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert

I never used CDJs, so maybe I'm missing something.

You want to use the CDJs only as a midi controller, right? They will not play any files them self.

If so, what has the audio out got to do with the CDJs? That would be the mixer / audio interfaces job.

Or do you want to play tracks on the CDJs and use live input into tracktor for effects?

• mlgfx

Yes, I want to use them as midi controllers. They are both connected to a mixer but I cannot specify the audio output correctly as it only gives me the "Front Left" and "Front Right" option. That means that both outputs go through the same channel. It doesn't give me the option to put the output for the first CDJ independently from the second one

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert

Ah sorry. I misunderstood. I did not know you wanted to use the CDJs itself as an audio device.

Sounds like a Aggregator things. Yeah my experience is limited here. By bad, but I hope you find a solution.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @mlgfx can you share with us screenshots of your aggregated device and output routing setting?

• mlgfx

Sorry for the late reply but I'm only able to use the CDJs once a month

I tried connecting them one by one, went to the Audio Midi Setup app to check the outputs and the weird thing is that one of them had 0 outputs and the other one 2

Any ideas?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited August 2022

Hi @mlgfx I've created a support ticket for you instead as we might need more info. You'll hear back from our support team by email.

Btw if you haven't already, pls check this article out just in case:

How to Use Two Pioneer CDJs for Audio Playback in TRAKTOR

Pls keep us updated here once you find a solution!

• Sebastian.G
    Sebastian.G Member Posts: 17 Member

with the aggregator you connect your 2 cdj in 1 sound card, you select in the traktor parameters, you choose the deck a and b on your cdj and it works.. nothing else to do :)