Does anyone know why Native Access only shows Maschine 2.15.0 ?

CH7
CH7 Member Posts: 17 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

hi, im on windows 8.1

Native Access says im up todate, however Maschine hasn't been updated pass 2.15.0

According to this group the latest version is 2.15.2, so im left wondering are windows updates now specific to what version of Windows you have?

Put another way, has Native instruments stopped supporting windows 8.1? If i upgraded to windows 10, would i see the latest version of Maschine, or is there another reason why Native Access doesn't show the latest version?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Yeah, MASCHINE needs Windows 10 now.

You should consider upgrading to Windows 10 anyway as Microsoft ends the extended support for it in January next year. It's generally never a good idea to use an outdated OS.

Answers

• CH7
    CH7 Member Posts: 17 Member

Am I the only one unable to download the latest version of the software? ?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Yeah, MASCHINE needs Windows 10 now.

You should consider upgrading to Windows 10 anyway as Microsoft ends the extended support for it in January next year. It's generally never a good idea to use an outdated OS.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

The same on Win7, 2.15.0 is the latest... I do not need to solve it as I have moved to a new PC with Win10. (I just checked things on my old W7 PC for you.)

You could try to download Maschine instalation on Win10 or Win11 PC and install it on Win8.1. It should work on older Win, NI just does not test it, guarantie it runs well and does not give support for older Win systems...

I had no problems to install and use GR6 and Super 8 on Win7 even thought it is not supported by NI....