How do you make a backup of your presets in Guitar Rig 6 Pro?

Shinobi
Shinobi Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

Does anyone know how you make a backup of your presets in Guitar Rig 6 Pro?

I'm not asking how to save a preset but how to create a backup of my saved pre-sets so I can save them on a external drive or USB drive in case of system failure.

I have looked in:

C:/Users/<username>/Documents/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 6

C:/Users/<username>/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/Guitar Rig 6

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 6/Rack Presets

C:/Users/<username>/App Data/Local/Guitar Rig 6

I do have continuous backup of my Windows drive so if my PC crashed I could in theory rescue things by restoring the whole drive.

I just like to have a plan B and C so was hoping there is a way or workaround to do this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO I did save these presets from within my DAW MixCraft 9 Pro. Since then I can load the presets from within the DAW only, but they are not available in Guitar Rig 6 Standalone mode.

Is it possible the presets have been saved in a folder relating to my DAW instead?

I have (before upgrading Guitar Rig) saved presets from the standalone mode and they have worked in my DAW.

(I do understand that I could just save presets in Standalone and then use in my DAW), but I would like to be able to save from with Guitar Rig 6 standalone or MixCraft 9 Pro and utilize both methods if possible.

Thanks.

Shinobi

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you should find the presets here: C:\Users\username\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Guitar Rig 6\Rack Presets or the similar folder under the one drive folder, i also make a backup with one drive and with drive backup.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you should find the presets here: C:\Users\username\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Guitar Rig 6\Rack Presets or the similar folder under the one drive folder, i also make a backup with one drive and with drive backup.