My NI plugins are causing my DAW(ableton) to crash, and use a lot of cpu, any help ? (PC windows 11)

teezeewolf
teezeewolf Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Like it states above, my NI plugins like "massive x" are causing Ableton to crash, even something as little as playing a single note will send my cpu usage to around 15-30%, and a lot of the times when i am loading up different sounds it doesn't take much to make the program crash, any advice ? (lmk if you need more details on specs as well or what specs you would need to know from me because i have no idea sadly, but i could find out if requested)

Best Answers

• silentio246
    silentio246 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Answer ✓

First of all, change Driver Type to ASIO and Audio Device to Focusrite ASIO Scarlett USB. This is the optimized driver from your soundcard manufacturer. It should change a lot. Keep the sample rate at 44100. If not already done, try this: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4408057193362-Optimising-your-PC-for-Audio-on-Windows-11 What are your PC specs ?

• silentio246
    Answer ✓

Your computer seems powerful enough. As long as you use the recommended ASIO driver for your soundcard, whether in Ableton Live or in Maschine or any other host, and the windows power profile is set to "high performance", everything should be fine. High cpu loads are often caused by the sounds/fx you are using.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

What audio interface and settings?

• teezeewolf

here you go, i kind of messed about in here by changing the in/out sample rate and buffer size but let me know if you see anything i can try

• silentio246
    Answer ✓

First of all, change Driver Type to ASIO and Audio Device to Focusrite ASIO Scarlett USB. This is the optimized driver from your soundcard manufacturer. It should change a lot. Keep the sample rate at 44100. If not already done, try this: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4408057193362-Optimising-your-PC-for-Audio-on-Windows-11 What are your PC specs ?

• teezeewolf

So When i Switch the Driver Type to ASIO there is no Focusrite ASIO Scarlett USB option, i'll attach an image to show you the options it tells me, and as far as specs goes:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor        3.60 GHz

16 gb of RAM

system type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

(Let me know if i missed something)

• teezeewolf
    edited June 2022

Disregard my last post where it says that i could not find it, i realized that i had not installed the driver for the Scarlett and after doing so the option for the ASIO Scarlett USB was made available! Overall it is better when using most things like with Komplete Kontrol i've noticed a huge difference in reduced CPU usage, but when i use Maschine 2 it still hits the high 20's in CPU, i dont know if anyone knows if there is anything else i could do and if there isnt at least overall its a little better

• silentio246
    Answer ✓

Your computer seems powerful enough. As long as you use the recommended ASIO driver for your soundcard, whether in Ableton Live or in Maschine or any other host, and the windows power profile is set to "high performance", everything should be fine. High cpu loads are often caused by the sounds/fx you are using.