How to install the third-party Kontakt 6 Full Version library

dg193
dg193 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

I bought and installed Kontakt 6 Full Version. I also purchased a third-party product

https://impactsoundworks.com/product/ventus-winds-panflutes/

There is the note: 

"NOTE: If your product code has lowercase letters, it is used in Pulse ONLY, and does not need to be activated in Native Access!".

I just have lowercase letters in my code. The problem is that I don't know how to install this library in Kontakt 6. Please help.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Due to the fact that it is not an officially licensed Library (Dev has not paid the licensing fee to NI for the ability to add the instrument to the library) there is currently no way to add it to the library. You have to load it manually through the file browser or Quick launch browser.

Answers

• Blindeddie

OK, since it is a "Full Version of Kontakt Only" Library, it cannot be added to the Library Browser panel because it is not officially licensed by NI. To load the Instrument, you need to use the "Files" tab, Navigate to the Installation folder of the library and then either double click the ".NKI" file, (the walkthrough video which you may want to look at states there are actually 2 different instrument .NKI's) or drag the NKI to the Rack. Note for easier loading in the future, right click on any blank area in the rack and the "Quick Load" browser should display. You can drag the .NKI files to that browser and then you can load them from there. See page 91 of the Kontakt manual for more info on "Quick Load". Hope that helps.

• dg193

Thank you for that answer. I wonder if it is possible to add a image with a library of added Pan Flute instruments (under the image Kontakt factory library)?

• dg193

I would like to select instruments the same way you select instruments from Kontakt Factory Library (by pressing Instruments below)

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Due to the fact that it is not an officially licensed Library (Dev has not paid the licensing fee to NI for the ability to add the instrument to the library) there is currently no way to add it to the library. You have to load it manually through the file browser or Quick launch browser.