Glitch or bug issue regarding Symphony essentials string

Hosung Na
Hosung Na Member Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

Hello, I purchased komplete 13 ultimate bundles and have used many kinds of instruments including Symphony essentials string.

By the way, I have faced serious problem regarding Glitch or bug issue when using Symphony essentials string. (I'm cubase 12 user.)

When invoking Symphony essentials string from kontakt 6, keyboard input delay (or serious latency efffect) has occured seriously. If I tried to open other symphony essentials such as brass, woodwinds and percussion, no other bugs or latency glitch happend.

Is there anyone who have faced this bugs as I experienced?

P.S) I found that this effect has disappred temporarily when I try to reset my audio interface (TASCAM US 4X4) from operation software.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Hosung Na I've created a support ticket for you, my colleagues will get back to you, it looks like we need to have a deeper look in your system.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2022

Hey @Hosung Na I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, is it the same in Kontakt in standalone ? Is this library installed in a different location than your other libraries ? Do you have any MIDI controllers connected ? Can you reproduce the issue without any ?

• Hosung Na

Dear Jeremy

Thanks for your comment.

I also tried to add my comments for your questions below.

is it the same in Kontakt in standalone?

-> yes. Both standalone and in DAW occured latency issue same.

Is this library installed in a different location than your other libraries ?

-> all the libraries in komplete were installed on same directory (I installed all komplete libraries in my D drive)

Do you have any MIDI controllers connected ?

-> sure. Yamaha x90sx and midi cable used.

Can you reproduce the issue without any ?

-> do you mean that I have to prepare some kinds of testcase? I have no idea.

• Jeremy_NI

I just meant that if you disconnect / turn off all MIDI devices, do you get the same issue ?

• Hosung Na

Yes. Still this issue remained even though i tried what you suggested.

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, then, does it happen with every instrument or articulation ?

Would it be possible to do a small video, upload it and post a link to it ? Then we might be able to see what's wrong.

• Hosung Na
    edited June 2022

1. Once I choose symphony string essential, this issue always happened. For the case of Other symphony such as brass and woodwind, no latency issue happened.

2. I dont think that articulation is not related to this issue.

3. Recording can't be proper witness since i am not sure that recorded video can't capture delayed sound exactly.

4. Plus I have purchased komplete 13 collectors edition upg from KU13 recently.

I am afraid that symphony seires that is upgrade verion of essential will not work well as cuurent situation does.( i have not registered my serial number yet)

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2022

Ok, but have you tried with different articulations ? And is it happening with all instruments in this library ? Cellos ? Violins 1 & 2 ? Since we are not able to reproduce the issue, it's quite hard to get an idea of what's happening without a video.

• Hosung Na

1. It happens for all the instruments in this library.

2. I have tried all other articulations as well

Thanks for your comment.

• Jeremy_NI

Again, without a video, it's really hard to grasp the issue, how long is the latency ? Is it possible to describe with more details ?

Please try to delete the library and reinstall it, see if that fixes the issue.

• Hosung Na

1. As soon as choosing this library (i.e. symphony essential string), all the VST including not only this but also all the other 3rd party VST seem to be delayed with serious latency.

2. Then whenever if I try to turn off or reset my audio interface and turn on it, this latency has been resolved.

3. However if i choose this symphony esseintial string library, latency occured repeatedly.

4. One thing I found regarding resolving issue temporarily is that I have to reset my audio interface. -> this is very weird... i dont know why this happened.

• Jeremy_NI

One thing I found regarding resolving issue temporarily is that I have to reset my audio interface. -> this is very weird... i dont know why this happened.

Can you post a screenshot of your audio settings in Kontakt and in your DAW ?

• Hosung Na

I can't find audio config tab on left bottom side. Other people can find both audio and midi tab when touching setting button.

What shoud I do?

• Hosung Na

It is so weird. Above capture was from stand alone mode (not in DAW). Is it helpfulr for you to debug?

• Hosung Na

Just in case I also updated my audio interface configuration. Please refer to above.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @Hosung Na I've created a support ticket for you, my colleagues will get back to you, it looks like we need to have a deeper look in your system.