Make It Possible To Use Different Sound Cards For Master And Monitor

wayfinder
wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru
edited August 2022 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

Version: 3.6.0.313

System Setup: Windows 10, i7-4790K, Traktor Audio 2 (Mk 1)

As a DJ who streams

I want to easily route Monitor and Master to different Audio Devices

So that I can use the virtual sound card for streaming and my local monitors and headphones for listening and cueing

22 votes

Closed · Last Updated

Unfortunately this idea did not receive enough votes over the allotted time. We are closing the post.

Comments

• Furbobot
    Furbobot Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022

Another solution this feature would bring is being able to use SKAA wireless transmitting devices. Maybe having a 3rd output duplicate the master / booth to another soundcard?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Thank you for submitting this idea! We’re tracking demand for this feature. More details are always welcome so feel free to include as much info as possible to help us better understand your use case. Check out our tips here.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

This would really be helpful.

As a casual streamer who switched from DDJ-400 (rekordbox) to S4 mk3 it was a pain to get started streaming. In the end I soldered my own cable ...

On Rekordbox it's just a single button and master gets mirrored on a new interface, even a virtual one.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

With streaming now much more of a thing to much more “bedroom” djs. NI 100% need to make Traktor much more streaming friendly.

• flashero
    flashero Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi, how are you, this when using an external mixer, it will allow, to free channel faders (in my case, I own a Xone 96), and really use the preview player and send/return Traktor fx (on channel A and B). With this feauture enabled, We could use the onboard soundcard out, to channel C, for preview player. And use the freed channel/s for, Ableton live, external gear, return channel for other pc (with Traktor), etc.

Also, there should be more routing options in the software, for ex. using 2 diferent send/return fx, recording out mixes.

Best regards!

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Sounds like aggregate audio device built into Traktor

+1

This discussion has been closed.