Can't get articulations for the Kontakt World Instrument (Soprano Recorder) to work.

jabdo56
jabdo56 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

I load an instance of the World Instrument (Soprano Recorder) from the Kontakt Factory Library. I flip the Articulation switch to ON, turn the Note knob to select different articulations and play notes, but the sound doesn't change.

I use the Orchestral articulations extensively and understand how they work.

What am I doing wrong?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jabdo56
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

I have discovered you have to be holding the note associated with the articulation you want while playing the musical note you want. With all other key-switched NI instruments I have used you simply send the note associated with the articulation you want and that articulation remains in effect until you send a different note to change the articulation.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

unfortunately i can´t find the instrument (Soprano Recorder) on my system. Have you checked that you use the latest version, just open native access and you´ll see, if it finds updates install them all.

• jabdo56

All my NI devices are up to date. The World Instrument (Soprano Recorder) is located in the World folder in the Kontakt Factory library.

• Uwe303

Ahh ok now i understand, you have to trigger those articulations by playing a note from c0 to b0, try it and you´ll see

• jabdo56
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

I have discovered you have to be holding the note associated with the articulation you want while playing the musical note you want. With all other key-switched NI instruments I have used you simply send the note associated with the articulation you want and that articulation remains in effect until you send a different note to change the articulation.

• Uwe303

But with the flute it makes absolute sense to handle it that way, you can hold a musical note and just use the articulation at the beginning or the end of the note and so on.