Traktor on Steam Deck

Hyphonetics
Hyphonetics Member Posts: 2 Member

Is there a way to make the right portion of the screen visible on the Steam Deck, especially when in fullscreen? The Traktor window seems to be too wide, even though the resolution is set to 1280x800 in the settings menu which matches what it's set to in Windows as well as the native resolution of the Deck's display

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,554 admin

Don't think I've come across anyone using Steam Deck here before. 😓 Maybe you'll have a better luck on a gaming forum... I remember seeing somewhere that there's a way to make Steam Deck overriding display resolution.

• Epexion
    Epexion Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello there!

Nice to see Traktor up and running on the Steam Deck. How did you achieve this? We are wondering the same thing in https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8291/installing-native-access-traktor-on-steam-deck-using-bottles and we would need someone to show a little ropes.

Can you share any sources of information that you have encountered on the subject and did you solve your original problem?

Apparently you are running native windows on Steam Deck? I would rather try to run a certain software through Bottles or Wine as I mainly use Steam Deck for gaming anyway. Do you have any prior experiences from the "virtual setups" with Steam Deck?

I see that you also have some appliances attached to your deck. Have you had any problems with a certain setups and do you recommend a certain USB-Hubs or adapters as such? At least Traktor seems to be working fine with the Deck as you are up and running?

Would be great to maybe contact through a discrod channel to have a proper conversation with all the interested people in but I'm fine with all help provided for now. :)

• Epexion
    Epexion Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2022

I achieved to run Traktor through Bottles. You can read about my findings in here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/zw9zds/native_instruments_traktor_pro_3_on_the_steam/

I'll try to connect the controller to it later today. Won't be posting here anymore.

EDIT: Oh and this problem you have is non-existant in the bottles.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited April 15

interesting!!

im in the process of purchasing a 2nd hand steam deck....

and i recall seeing a photo on twitter with maschine running on a steam deck... and now searching the forums for "steam deck" lo & behold traktor works with Steamdeck too...

i've been watching some youtube videos, and apparently you can run a windowsOS on the Steamdeck and for the most part it will run alot of software...

im guessing given that it works with Traktor, Maschine... it would likely work with other NI products providing Native access runs