Guitar rig Autofilter question

Drago76
Drago76 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi everyone, I would like to know from wich hardware unit native instruments modelled the autofilter effect that appears in guitar rig.

Thanks in advance!

luke

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @Drago76,

as Jeremy already pointed out, often times Guitar Rig effects are "inspired by" or "based on" certain existing hardware pedals. For the case at hand I would say the Maxon AF-9 will get you closer to the sound you created in Guitar Rig using the AutoFilter than the Real Mutron III. But please be aware that the AutoFilter has more parameters that you can tweak than the Maxon AF-9, so it's not guaranteed that you will be able to match the sound 100% with the pedal.

Cheers,

Eddie

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @Drago76 It was inspired by several autofilter guitar pedals, not one in particular.

• Drago76

I’m asking cause it seems from the color of the skin that it was modeled from the Maxon AF-9 (is the same colour of the real pedal).

I have the real mutron III and I can’t make it sound like the plug in, I need that autofilter effect in a live pedal situation.

What am I missing? Is my mutron III need a mod to sound like the autofilter in guitar rig?

or I need to get the maxon in order to achieve this sound live?

• Eddie_NI
    Answer ✓

Hi @Drago76,

as Jeremy already pointed out, often times Guitar Rig effects are "inspired by" or "based on" certain existing hardware pedals. For the case at hand I would say the Maxon AF-9 will get you closer to the sound you created in Guitar Rig using the AutoFilter than the Real Mutron III. But please be aware that the AutoFilter has more parameters that you can tweak than the Maxon AF-9, so it's not guaranteed that you will be able to match the sound 100% with the pedal.

Cheers,

Eddie

• Drago76

Thanks for the answer Eddie, the more controls are cause you guys put the controls of some compressor after the autowah right?

so I could achieve an even more similar sound with rhe Maxon AF-9 and a compressor after it..?

Thanks again! You guys are the best!

• Eddie_NI

No, there is no compressor inside the AutoFilter. It's just that the algorithm of the AutoFilter is more configurable in comparion to what the Maxon AF-9 allows users to tweak.