Light Guide when using Kontakt w/ multi instrument

Martin Schmid
Martin Schmid Member Posts: 66 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

Hi Folks - I have a MK2 S88.

I've setup a Maschine project with a 3rd party Kontakt instrument. Each instrument in the Kontakt multi has a different 'range' of notes indicated.. and when in Kontakt, when I pick the different instruments (Snare, Tenor, Bass or Cymbals), the lightguide on my S88 updates accordingly. However, when I 'map' additional sounds to route to each instrument, the light guide doesn't update... all LEDs are lit. (see setup vid here: https://youtu.be/bQq4hPS2jFg)

If I use a single instrument from Kontakt.. the light guide updates depending on which sound in Machine I select... so perhaps I just do that instead?

I assume (?) it is better to have one instance of Kontakt from CPU standpoint (?)... but, as outlined above, if I do that, I lose the light guide. is there a different/better way to setup this up?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

yes do it like you said at the end of your post. In this case, if i understood it correctly, i would open several kontakt instances. And cpu wise it should be no problem, just try it out.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

yes do it like you said at the end of your post. In this case, if i understood it correctly, i would open several kontakt instances. And cpu wise it should be no problem, just try it out.

• Martin Schmid
    Martin Schmid Member Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2022

Hi Uwe303... thanks much! I did it this way now (see vid), and will see how it turns out. Lightguide updates... glad to hear about the CPU.