How to modulate sample start?

Voidhead
Voidhead Member Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

All I want to do is modulate the sample start point for my sample map to avoid the shotgun effect.

I've tried EvilDragon's advice from years back - 'How about using "random unipolar" modulator modulating sample start? Add it first to the "Tune" knob in "Source" module, then change the destination to "sample start".'

This didn't give the result I was looking for. Or maybe I did something wrong.

I really don't know why this has to be so complicated. In Trilian it's very simple. NI doesn't seem to understand we're not all engineers; some of us actually want to make music.

I don't mean sound like a jerk. I'm very frustrated after spending the last hour trying to solve something that should be basic🤦‍♂️

I tried looking in the manual but I don't even really know what to look for. Please help me

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

If your group with samples is in DFD mode, you will need to adjust S. Mod parameter for all zones, in the Wave Editor. This will load a larger chunk of sample into RAM. which will then be available for startpoint modulation. You can also set the whole group to Sampler mode, but this will greatly increase RAM usage, since all samples in that group will be fully loaded.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod

Hello,

https://youtu.be/Hl4GanDwbQs

Maybe this helps

Uwe

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

If your group with samples is in DFD mode, you will need to adjust S. Mod parameter for all zones, in the Wave Editor. This will load a larger chunk of sample into RAM. which will then be available for startpoint modulation. You can also set the whole group to Sampler mode, but this will greatly increase RAM usage, since all samples in that group will be fully loaded.