Straylight/Pharlight/Ashlight/Arkhis, etc. - sometimes samples don't load???

Options
2»

Answers

• Allen Simpson
    Allen Simpson Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Thanks, @Jeremy_NI! I'm leaving this marked as unanswered for now so I can come back here in case it comes up again.

Thanks to everyone here for trying to help! Fingers crossed the Full Disk Access did the trick.

:)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Options

Hey, late checking in, did this issue ever resurfaced ? Was it solved in the end ?

• Allen Simpson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for checking in. To be honest, that project went on hiatus, and we haven't come back yet, so I've been away from my DAW for a while. But I should be diving back in within the next several weeks. I'll try to circle back after I've had a chance to see if the issue pops up again. Hopefully, it's gone! Thanks again for all the help and suggestions! :)

• colin@cone11.com.au
    colin@cone11.com.au Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi Everyone,

I'm having exactly the same issue - ie: Straylight not loading correctly into Kontakt - it's also happening with some other Kontakt libraries as well as my own custom instuments....

Did anyone ever get an answer from NI on how to get this problem solved?

Many thanks.

Colin Hopkins

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@colin@cone11.com.au If you use your emal address as your forum user name, I'd suggest to change it, it's not a great idea to show your email address in public.

Now for Straylight, what version of Kontakt are you using? Can you give more details "Straylight not loading correctly into Kontakt" Does that happen in standalone, in your DAW ? Both ? What is your operating system?

Have you already tried this solution? How to Batch re-save a KONTAKT Library

• Jason Scardamalia
    Jason Scardamalia Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Having the same issue - happening quite frequently now. Running lots of other Kontakt instruments and Straylight is the only one that's been having this issue. No error messages just the instrument not working and looking like this (attachment)

macOS Big Sur 11.6

Logic Pro 10.6.3

Kontakt 6.7.1

• Allen Simpson
    Options

Sorry to hear that, Jason. I never actually found a solution, unfortunately. Although it doesn't seem to have happened again in a while.

The good news is that it never sees to happen MID-SESSION. Meaning, it only happens after I close the project and re-open it. It's like it just sometimes doesn't remember any of it's settings or even that it was loaded. The other good news is that it only seems to affect the loading of the samples and instruments, not any automation data. So if I record a "performance" I created while moving knobs and sliders around in real time, at least that information is saved in the track. Then I can just reload an instance of the instrument and copy/paste the automation, etc. It's a real pain, but at least it's not all lost. Of course, you have to remember what samples/instruments you'd used AND what edits you may have made to the sounds/patches. So my work-around is that, after I tinker with it and dial in the sound I want, I then screenshot any settings and patch names I want to make sure I remember in case it doesn't load properly the next time I close and open the project.

This is NOT how it should be working, and I really don't know enough about it to know why it's happening. Too many variables. I notice that our systems don't even have that much in common. Kontakt version is same, but different DAWs and OS. (My specs below). It's a shame, too, because these sounds are awesome, but I find myself not wanting to use it because I don't trust that it's stable. :(

Pro Tools 2021.12.0.97, Kontakt 6.7.1

Straylight 1.5.0, Pharlight 1.0.0, Ashlight 1.0.1, Arkhis 1.0.0

iMac 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, OS 10.15.7 

• Peer
    Peer Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Anyone has any news on this?

Have the same issue and it's driving me insane!

Ashlight sporadically opens with only weird numbers on the UI and no sound.

And LASS 3 is completely bonkers, where they load with a greyed out interface and/or no samples loaded.

I can't get sound just by reloading the patch.

I have to take away Kontakt (6) , reload it, and load the patch again.

Then everything works as expected again.

Until I close the session and open it again, then we're back to square one.

If anyone has an remedy it would sure be appreciated!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Peer can you share a screenshot of this weird UI? Also what is your operating system?

• Peer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi Jeremy!

Thank you for chiming in!

And sorry for the latest reply in the history of mankind.....

It's been.....crazy.....

So, here are a couple of screenshots.

One is of Ashlight, which causes some issues ones in a while.

And one if from Lass3 (even though the engine is complaining about Modern Scoring Strings....)

that is absolutely bonkers.

Because it happens very often.

The remedy is to remove Kontakt, and instantiate it again, and the reload the patch.

Just reloading the patch does not help.

My OS is 12.5.1

Thank you!

Peer

• Peer
    Options

Oh and while we're at it, this is Kontakt 6.

I also have Kontakt 7, but it's quite annoying using it in Pro Tools since every time you have it open, one needs to click in Pro Tools to "get back to Pro Tools" in order to press play or stop or anything.

That is not the case with Kontakt 6, hence I'm still on 6.

Is there a way to stop 7 from doing that?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Peer In Kontakt in standalone, what audio driver did you choose?

Do Kontakt and ProTools both have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Could you provide a scrteenshot for that? "every time you have it open, one needs to click in Pro Tools to "get back to Pro Tools" in order to press play or stop or anything."

• Peer
    Options

In Kontakt Standalone, Core Audio is the driver.

That is the only one available.

The device was set to Pro Tools Bridge, and why, I have no idea.

I now set that to Internal.

Kontakt has Full Disc Access, Pro Tools did not.

Changed that now.

Regarding the last question,"every time you have it open, one needs to click in Pro Tools to "get back to Pro Tools" in order to press play or stop or anything." I can't recreate it now. I've had it on and off in the past. But as of now, it's gone. So we'll let that rest until it shows up again.

Thanks for your time!

Much appreciated!

Peer

• Peer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI bumping this.....

Thanks again!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey @Peer Thanks for reminding me of this and sorry for not getting back earlier. I'm going to create a ticket for you and contact you by email, my colleagues will have a deeper look in your issue.