No sound when playing Komplete Kontrol from Instrument rack

2»

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You can create your own instrument racks, load KK (the VST not the instrument rack (.adg) file)?into a midi track, then in the inspector at the bottom, right click and select “Group” then save it… it will save it as an instrument rack! (.adg)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,591 mod
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @wilki there seems to be some confusion in here.

If you have a S Series MK2 keyboard, there is no need for Ableton racks, the whole integration is now automatic, as explained here: How to Integrate KOMPLETE KONTROL with Your DAW

In your VST folder here:

The Komplete Kontrol AU instrument rack should not be here, the Komplete Kontrol VST rack should not be here and the Komplete Kontrol S-Series.dll is a driver not a VST file, not all dll files are VST files. You should delete these 3 files, copy the Komplete Kontrol dll file you find where Native Access has installed it and copy this Komplete Kontrol.dll file to this folder.

Maybe this little video can help you:

• wilki
    wilki Member Posts: 35 Member

Hi Jeremy.

Apologies for the late response. I just wanted to say a massive thankyou for helping me out with this, I had honestly had given up hope and was using the standard VST plugin rather than the instrument vst plugin as a workaround.

However, having followed your instructions I got it all working and have the advanced integration working.

Its SO MUCH better.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Nick