HELP please - Komplete Kontrol instruments make no sound

ContraBlaise
ContraBlaise Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello,

I use Logic Pro and until today had no issues loading Komplete Kontrol instruments. I have purchased a number of NI instruments like Hybrid Keys, East Asia, The Gentleman etc. none of which work anymore. Massive still works for me but that is the only NI plugin working. Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. I'm currently using an Arturia MICROLAB controller which until today had no issues loading these instruments.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@JesterMgee Understood, if it gets more proeminent and you want us to look into it, don't hesitate to ping me.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Is the keyboard transmitting on MIDI Ch 1?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2022

@ContraBlaise As @JesterMgee said, by default some instruments will load on MIDI channel 1 in Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt, make sure to set up your keyboard to emit on MIDI channel 1. You might want to check this article: Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• JesterMgee

I say this because I CONSTANTLY have a random issue where I boot up KK and for some weird reason the keyboard is xmitting on CH2 after I load KK which is daft since I don't even have any MIDI templates. Most instruments will make no sound on CH2 and it was only when I had Omnisphere open when this happened I noted key presses were being picked up on CH2 of Omnisphere so it clicked what was happening. Still no idea what the issue is, I just live with it.

• Jeremy_NI

Oh, and this is happening every time you are launching Komplete Kontrol, as a plug-in and as a standalone application ? When this happens, what MIDI channel is selected when you go in Komplete Kontrol's MIDI preferences / assignments for the keyboard ?

• JesterMgee
    edited June 2022

In standalone mode and not every time, it sometimes is fine. When used as a plugin within Ableton I do not have this issue that I can recall.

My keyboard powers on with my PC and is on during the day. I will open standalone KK to make some NKS or just practice piano ro something and will note no sound. Power cycle and it is all fine but this is usually only after the PC has first powered up and not every time. Because it is not "every time" I have not chased a bug report as it could be anything on my system, it's about 6 years overdue for a rebuild.

The fix is sim0ple so that is what I do and have no complaints but it may be something that affects others also, I just know what to look out for. Hopefully once I can finally afford to build a new system and start from scratch it no longer happens.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@JesterMgee Understood, if it gets more proeminent and you want us to look into it, don't hesitate to ping me.