Can't Get Spitfire Library to Register in Kontakt 5.8.1

DaveP
DaveP Member Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2022 in Native Access

Sorry NI, but some of us are still using Windows 7. I cannot get the Native Instrument Access program to launch on my Windows 7 computer. What's going on?

And because of that, I can't get my full Kontakt 5 player to access my new Spitfire library, not just recognize it, but even under the File mode in Kontakt it will NOT work. Sorry, but I see NO excuse for this. Help.

Best Answer

• DaveP
    Answer ✓

I have to take back my frustrations against NI and apologize, partially.

Just bought Spitfire Solo Strings library yesterday, and I couldn't get Native Access to open; it just gave me a red error on the startup page that said, "download failed". Thing is, I never even got that far to download anything, the Native Access program never got past the login screen.

I finally found the NI support page that told me to check my Windows 'Credentials' settings. I dumped the old Native Access credential, and had to create a new password to login. The Native Access login would not accept my old password, even though it was still valid for the main NI website. So I had to create a new one short of creating a whole new account.

Then I went into my virus software and starting turning things off (most of it).

Then the Native Access program started working.

So problem solved.

Thanks anyway.

Answers

• DaveP

Also, the Download page for the NI Access software shows that it is SUPPOSED to be compatible with Windows 7 still.

Did someone at NI change the Native Access program, and make it Windows 10 & 11 only? How will I be able to download new Kontakt libraries? I have too many programs and plugins that DO NOT work with Windows 10 or higher. I shouldn't have to upgrade and lose all that just to benefit lack of support for the Kontakt 5 player (and the Full Kontakt version at that, which costs more.)

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Which spitfire library(s) are you having issues with no loading in K5? Also can you be a bit more descriptive about NA not launching?

• DaveP
    Answer ✓

I have to take back my frustrations against NI and apologize, partially.

Just bought Spitfire Solo Strings library yesterday, and I couldn't get Native Access to open; it just gave me a red error on the startup page that said, "download failed". Thing is, I never even got that far to download anything, the Native Access program never got past the login screen.

I finally found the NI support page that told me to check my Windows 'Credentials' settings. I dumped the old Native Access credential, and had to create a new password to login. The Native Access login would not accept my old password, even though it was still valid for the main NI website. So I had to create a new one short of creating a whole new account.

Then I went into my virus software and starting turning things off (most of it).

Then the Native Access program started working.

So problem solved.

Thanks anyway.