Issues Saving Attributes of Massive User Presets?

Danatello
Danatello Member Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2022 in Massive X & Synths

It looks like any presets in Massive, regular not X, that I made from scratch aren't saving attributes with them, so they don't show up in my User Bank (or other subcategories for that matter).

Presets that I made/saved by tweaking a factory preset seem not to have any issues with this. Does anyone know what might be causing the issue?

(Note: they are all saved in the same directory folder, so it's not that. And I can find them if I search by name, so Massive is seeing them, it's just the attributes aren't attaching.)

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

the only way i found is directly after creating the sound, you save it under "attributes" tab with attributes selected, then you search it under browser tab, then right click on it and select "add to my favorites". Then you should find the patch under "my own patches".

Answers

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

Did you ever rescan your library in Maschine once you create new preset ?

• Danatello

@Kaldosh Thanks for the reply.

I assume you meant Massive (I got Maschine in a bundle, but don't really use it). But, yes, I have. I noticed the other day that some of the presets I saved for recent projects weren't showing in the User Bank, so I rescanned. Some showed up, the ones that were edits of factory presets, but the few I made from scratch, like the bass preset I was looking for when I noticed all this, did not show up.

After typing the first part of this reply I went and had another look. It seems now the newer from-scratch presets have saved their attributes (Bankname now shows as User), however they still don't show up in any banks (selecting User specifically or otherwise), I can only find them when I go to Browser and search by name.

• Kaldosh
    edited June 2022

this can be a bit tricky but to get my custom library right I used nimbank. This is a little tool that allows you to tag your banks, presets and set product names etc to make your presets Maschine ready. If you dig a bit more you can even apply your nks settings to presets. It takes a bit of work but is worth it and might solve your issues .

here is the link https://denivel.blogspot.com/2019/04/nimbank-tool-update-v25.html?m=1

Hope this helps

• Danatello

Hi @Kaldosh thanks for the tip. I will take a look at this tool, though it might be a few days more before I get around to it. Although, when you say "make youre presets Maschine ready," I assume you're doing a lot of your production and sequencing in Maschine? I won't be doing that (I played with Maschine a little, but I wasn't a fan of the rigid workflow, it reminded me too much of Ableton Live), but maybe that would also mean my presets would at least function like I expect them to in their respective VSTs. Cheers.

• Kaldosh

What I was meaning is that your request seems to TARGET your useon Maschine, though I was just trying to help you achieve that goal in the best possible manner if you intend to use your Massive presets in maschine which is what I understood. Sorry if i didn't get it , I hope someone will bring you the right answers to your questions

peace

• Danatello

@Kaldosh Oh, no, I'm just trying to get them to show inside Massive itself when I go to the browser inside it. Presets/patches I've made from scratch in Massive don't show in any lists in and I have to search to find them.

• Kaldosh
    edited June 2022

I know the drill .... did you ever scan inside of Massive itself ? rebuild db(database) in Massive's options ? ?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

the only way i found is directly after creating the sound, you save it under "attributes" tab with attributes selected, then you search it under browser tab, then right click on it and select "add to my favorites". Then you should find the patch under "my own patches".