KK S25 (MK1) setup in Reaper

Chaz
Chaz Member Posts: 18 Member
edited June 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I inherited a S25 MK1 from my son. It plays fine in the stand-alone version of Komplete Kontrol. When I set up a track in Reaper the Komplete Kontrol app is associated properly BUT the S25 won't play through it. I suspect I just do not know enough to set the controller or the app up correctly. Any links to articles would be helpful.

I am a total NEOPHYTE on all sides, DAW, MIDI, Native Instruments.

I am up to date with all apps and software.

If any knows of a tutor or online teacher who I might hire please let me know! :-)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chaz
    Answer ✓

Wow! Great response. Seems I am up and running.

Thank you so much JesterMgee

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

It should be simple enough to get the keyboard to play MIDI notes in Reaper as it will function as a MIDI keyboard but be aware, it is not officially supported as a "Smart Controller" in Reaper meaning the play/record and navigation will not function in Reaper but you should still be able to manually engage it to work to control an instance of KK within Reaper.

You first need to check in your Reaper Preferences -> MIDI Devices tab that you have the keyboard set to ENABLED:

Just don't select the DAW port as enabled or you may find strange midi data being sent.

That should then have your keyboard working as any other MIDI keyboard.

To activate the keyboard for an instance of Komplete Kontrol so you can then control the parameters of the loaded plugin, click this button which will set focus to that instance:

• Chaz
    Answer ✓

Wow! Great response. Seems I am up and running.

Thank you so much JesterMgee