TRK01 in Reaktor not picking up Channel 16 key information

djlion
djlion Member Posts: 5 Member

It is mentionned in the documentation that TRK-01 picks up channel 16 note information to set the root key. This does not work as notes played on channel 16 notes are treated as generic channel 1 notes and triggering patterns.

Could you please let me know how to play root note information from a keyboard ??

(this would be great for live performances)

Thanks a lot in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Answer ✓

You can set Reaktor incoming channels to Omni.

Answers

• Paule
    Answer ✓

You can set Reaktor incoming channels to Omni.

• djlion

@Paule : I guess I only have a player version of Reaktor. Is it possible to activate this in the player version of Reaktor ?

Thanks

• Paule

No, for this function you need the full version.

Standard is channel 1 in commercial projects.

• djlion

@native¡nstruments @Paule

Dear Paule, Dear NI support,

I have bought and installed the full version of Reaktor, set the incoming channels to 'omni' (see below) but it still picks the signal wrongly :

Only the sounds react to all channels including the Channel 16 notes I am sending,

BUT the tuning DOES NOT pick anything on Channel 16. I have tried everything and also have well checked the plugin receives the right message with a midi monitor.

I am puzzled with this... Native Instrument can you please help and check the plugin works correctly using a generic Channel 16 incoming note message for tuning ? also checking that the sounds remain constant and do not change on this message ?

Thank you so much in advance

----here below is the channel monitor of the signal sent to the plugin

here below is the settings used in TRK01

• Paule
    edited October 2022

Are you shure TRK-01 can work with AT. What is in the manual? I've to take a look.

The keyword After Touch found nothing in the manual of TRK-01.

• djlion

@Paule

Hi :-) thanks for your reply

I tried all types of gear sending MIDI notes on channel 16

Even standard gear without aftertouch. Same story, the sounds pickup lower notes in octave 1 and 2 without reason. And tuning does not pickup anything.

I really suggest to test it since otherwise for live performance with TRK01 makes it kinda useless... ;-)

• Paule

Myself use TRK-01 in standalone only. No external hardware like a keyboard.

Internal connections don't needs a channel. It sends from one ism to the other.