How to install Battery 3?

InvisibleFireball
InvisibleFireball Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2022 in Native Access

So I have lots of old tracks using old versions of battery that I'd like to be able to use, or at least learn the name of the kit i was using and failed to notate so as to find it through battery 4, but no current battery 3 installation.

Learning that Battery 3 is now freeware, I downloaded it immediately, but the installer requires a key that Native Access will not provide until the installation is complete. Further, the language could be read to suggest that perhaps someone had wisely updated the 3.2 update installer to circumvent this problem, but alas, that file requires the first installation too, whether the discs be mounted or no.

Bit of a problem there, no? A paradox!

What do? Anybody know?

Thanks for your time! And keep funkin it up, everyone.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Battery 3 is not freeware, if you had purchased it back in the day, You can use this installer and should be able to register using the original serial number.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000549845-Where-Can-I-Download-the-BATTERY-3-Installer-

• InvisibleFireball
    InvisibleFireball Member Posts: 4 Member

Well, fair enough then, I suppose that was a spoof site then. But I own NI Komplete, and have for many years. Why is it no longer listed there?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

You have to register the licence in Native Access application to show up there for installation and activation, I guess.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

NI tends to remove “Previous” versions once the new one comes out, and it appears Registrations for those versions did not get ported over to NA from Service Center. It should show up in NA once installed and registered…

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited January 2022

You are right that registrations are not ported from Service Center to Native Access. One has to reregister some/all of the stuff manually to NA.

At least in my experience.

But generally, it is possible to have older major versions installed. I have two major versions of Reaktor (5 and 6), two major versions of Kontakt (5 and 6) and two major versions of Guitar Rig (5 and 6) registered and visible in Native Access.