Installing content on hard drive due to lack of space on Mac

oaksisgod
oaksisgod Member Posts: 12 Member
edited June 2022 in Native Access

hey guys! new here.

I am attempting to download my content onto a hard drive due to lack of space on the Mac, I have set up my download locations as recommended, however I keep getting errors when I try download any sort of content, someone help please!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,005 Guru
    Answer ✓

You're doing it wrong! If you have a Maschine+ (not mentioned in first post) then all downloads should be done directly on the M+ as it creates additional files that the desktop Maschine software doesn't have/use.

Page 15 of the M+ manual.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

It would be helpful if you could tell us what errors you get 🙂

• oaksisgod

hey mate! managed to bypass the problem, so I'm downloading my expansions on to the sd card (provided with the plus) all downloads ok. but when I put it in the plus there's nothing new, hope this helps. cheers !

• oaksisgod

I will try explain in bit more detail, I've set the download locations, so download location on one folder in the my SD, content in another, and applications in the recommended to Application/Native instruments. ive then downloaded the expansion, no problem. ive removed the sd after eject, put it in the Plus and nothing new is appearing in any of the tabs. I think I'm doing something wrong but cant seem to see it, hopefully get this resolved one here. thanks in advance.

• RobertGlotzbach
    RobertGlotzbach Member Posts: 11 Member

I am new to plus too, so forgive me if i'm missing the point.

But are you not supposed to install from within the Maschine through settings/library?

But maybe it doesn't matter, just wanted to mention it as a possibility.

Best, Robert

• oaksisgod

yes mate, they don't appear from native access.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,005 Guru
    Answer ✓

You're doing it wrong! If you have a Maschine+ (not mentioned in first post) then all downloads should be done directly on the M+ as it creates additional files that the desktop Maschine software doesn't have/use.

Page 15 of the M+ manual.

• oaksisgod

sorry, can you please elaborate please

• oaksisgod

sorry sounds way dumb off me, can you guide me through the process, still not sure what I'm doing. thanks for your help man !

• oaksisgod

your a legend !

• oaksisgod

missing the artwork however.....

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @oaksisgod if the artwork is missing, you might want to reset the device. You can find an instruction on page 51 of the manual: https://bit.ly/3n801Tq