Problems after installing 2.7.2

PP1965
PP1965 Member Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

In my experience 2.7.2 brought in an issue with u-he DIVA synth plugin, in several cases the filter cutoff is in its lower position and slightly keeps jumping up and down.

Does anyone have similar experience with this or other plugin?

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    edited June 2022

What OS (can be helpful if you fill those details in your profile)?

Any other plugins affected?

If it is just DIVA, prob best to contact the plugin dev especially if it is an official NKS library. I'd probably suggest disconnect your keyboard first to see if this issue stops. If so, issue is your keyboard and not the software.

• PP1965
    edited June 2022

Ah, sorry, I have added the requested information to my profile. It seems that for some reasons I have no rights to edit My Signature, so I have added information to About Me in my Profile.

Actually I have similar experience with effect plugins as well, for instance RC24 and RC48, the reverb length slider keeps jumping up and down, and if you try to set another value, it jumps back to the previous position.

• JesterMgee

Ok, so did you try and unplug your keyboard as suggested? If it happens in other plugins, not a specific plugin issue and only time I have ever heard of what sounds like "jitter" in a parameter is when a control is sending data causing it to move. This is usually due to either a dirty or faulty encoder, interference in the USB cable, ground loop problems between the keyboard or computer or some other anomaly. The common factor tho is the keyboard which I am placing a bet if you disconnect it while observing this issue it will stop the moment you unplug your keyboard.

• PP1965
    edited June 2022

I did some experiment based on your proposal and you're completely right, it seems that there is an issue with the first knob on my mk2. I'm not convinced that it would be a hardware related issue, because the controller works perfectly in Scale mode for example. I'm doing some other experiment yet. Thanks for your help.

• PP1965

OMG... My sustain pedal was the root cause...

Thanks again for your help, JesterMgee.

• JesterMgee

Is it a sustain (on/off) pedal or expression (continuous control) pedal?

It could be in need of a clean if the latter or it could be a poor connection or some kind of radio interference signal getting into the cable. At least when you know what the issue is it's easier to look at how to fix it.

• PP1965

It's a sustain (on/off) pedal.