Maschine+ next update to enable native Traktor pro support?

Ronnie Hamada
Ronnie Hamada Member Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

Wouldn't it be amazing if NI allows Traktor Pro to run natively on the Maschine+? You know, connect your traktor controller via the USB port and BAM you have a standalone DJ controller AND a groovebox at once. Might be challenging for the workflow (maybe a shortcut to quickly jump between the Traktor and Maschine interface but imagine the freaking possibilities!!!

Comments

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

The same computer (laptop/desktop) wasn’t able to make them work in sync until Ableton released Link (let’s put aside requeriments for a while…) so you expect that embed rockchip cpu (similar to 2011 i5 afair) handle downsized versions of Maschine and Traktor?

It could had been more easy to just keep working on Traktor Dj2 (universal app running on desktops and iPads) and port Maschine into the same strategy instead M+ so we can run these two softwares at iPads (pro if they become too heavy even similar apps like DjPlayer Pro or Djay and Beatmaker3 or Grooverider16 work perfectly on my old iPad mini4 from 2015) or new AS M1/2/etc chips and resources could be concentrated instead dispersed…

Other options is relasing just an update NI-kore box with that embed technology (or updated) so you can plug any NI controller to it and run each embed app from NI (think in Akai MPC or 1010m blue and blackbox…) but don’t hold your breath for any of these alternatives. NI still needs to find their roadmaps and make them work with revenue flow first if they want to make any hardware movement of that degree in the future (or find a hardware partner…)

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
    edited June 2022

i would suspect there are many options to integrate DJ software into a midi mapped maschine+

especially so when you have Bomes midi translator at your disposal...

i've personally mapped my mk2&maschine Jam to do just that

but there would be limitations with DJ software that doesnt have keyboard shortcuts *winks

• Ronnie Hamada

Oh man I just saw this comment and checked the NI KoreBox... A similar device with some good elbow grease and support can really vamp up NI's lineup. Imagine, just imagine support for all their controllers... All those maschine and traktor controllers dying slowly in drawers and closets suddenly coming back to life and dealing a blow to the currently prohibitively expensive market...

• Ronnie Hamada

I mean the controller with no keyboard shorcuts is something I can completely understand, but I'm sure nothing is hard with some menu diving haha

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru

My solution is running M+ in standalone and using a Numark Mixtream Pro instead of Traktor. both standalone machines, both support Ableton link. I don't see why I'd have to use NI products for everything. Traktor DJ was groundbreaking in the early 2000's but the competition has caught up.

• Ronnie Hamada

You're giving me ideas here! (I usually play with 3 decks and I loop track A's peak throughout the beginning of track B to keep the momentum going, then loop track B's peak through track C... etc...) This way I could simply replace the looping deck with an actual looper on the master through the Maschine+ and continue to blend my new tracks in. One issue could be losing the ability to controlling the EQ on the outgoing deck but that could easily be fixed by slapping a filter on the looper track and mapping the corresponding frequencies to a small midi controller :D

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru

Yeah, there's a lot of fun potential there! I'm still in the testing phase myself, wouldn't want to take the combo on stage until I have made enough tests that everything works flawlessly.. I mean, M+ isn't exactly bulletproof in the stability dept just yet..

• Ronnie Hamada

I 100% agree with you. The thing is, I find it to be better than other standalone grooveboxes on the market tbh. For me personally, I mainly depend on standalone gear for my performance since they're the most stable (TR-8s drum machine, a TB-3 for acid, and an SP404 for sample release (and now after reading your post I am thinking about an SP404 looper haha). For the Maschine/Force, I used it as a swiss army knife to fill in for the stuff that I don't have for live performance, especially synths since those are so expensive to buy standalone (I now have a force and am thinking about switching back to ableton and push). If it crashes, at least I can let the standalone stuff somewhat fill until I find a workaround with the DJ decks.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2023

The M+ barely has enough CPU power to run complex projects now imagine if it also had to run full Traktor software... That will never, ever happen unless they come up with a new model significantly more powerful, expensive and decide to pursue this road of a "do it all" device.... extremely unlikely.

I'd focus on solutions like an M+ combined with some sort of standalone DJ'ing device synced with LINK or MIDI clock.