audio devices changing not working

Planta69
Planta69 Member Posts: 12 Member

Hello! I am using abeton live 11 standard, traktor s4 mk3, maschine 2 and audio kontrol 6 with ableton and komplete. also I am using the asio4all driver for windows 11 - 64 bit.

Problem is, that one hardware is not working on the OUTs when I run everything - it´s changing the settings always - if it´s running somehow it´s not saving the settings when I restart the computer :-(

in komplete I cannot add audio kontrol as INPUT and/or OUTPUT

often is the problem the MAIN out on traktor when I run the maschine, and maschine out is not working in ableton...

has someone the perfect settings (IN OUT midi) for a setup like this?

Also which programs should I start first in order to get everything running with autodetect, if possible:

komplete

ableton live 11

traktor

maschine 3

?

thanks a lot for your help,

all the best

Andy

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

You can't have several asio hosts with one asio device, there are only a few audio interfaces that can do that. So you can't have, let's say, ableton running with ka6 and at the same time traktor running through the same interface with asio driver.

• Planta69

thanks for your comment, Uwe. I am running traktor on ka6 and I can record it in ableton live and also in maschine, this is working. but ableton doesn´t get the sound from maschine for example....

• Uwe303

What is your exact setting now?

• Planta69

well traktor and maschine main out goes into IN @ KA6

• Uwe303

If you use, maschine and ableton, why not open one maschine instance within ableton?

• Planta69

yes I am doing as well, something is still in between...huch,..

• Uwe303

i even can´t imagine how your setup is working now, cause normally you can´t use more than one asio host with one asio device. Lets say, i have traktor open i can run it through my reloop controller, besides that i can open maschine and run it trough my focusrite 8i6. Then i can use a line in of the reloop and run maschine through traktor or the other way. but you can´t use both programs with just the 8i6 with asio driver.

• Planta69

yes it looks like this, I have to change the setup always when I change the controller - for the moment I work now without ableton and do everything in the traktor software and/or maschine software ;-) but thanks Uwe for taking time and looking it for me :-) well appreciated :-) hope you have no issues with your system

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,000 Guru

you can't use both programs with just the 8i6 with asio driver

....which is presumbly why he's not using the ASIO driver. He said in the first post that he's using ASIO4ALL, which only emulates an ASIO driver, but actually uses the default Windows WDM driver.

• Planta69

I am using KA6 and ASIO4ALL