'Not Registered' Serial that come with Hardware

ocean_337
ocean_337 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited June 2022 in Native Access

I bought a brand new Maschine Mikro Mk2 and it comes with 3 software serials which are:

Maschine 2 Update for Maschine HW

Native Browser Preview Library

KOMPLETE 12 SELECT for HW

listed in my email, which are also listed in the 'Not Registered' list in 'My Account'.

But now I've also bought a S88MK2 with K13UCE bundle. So all of the software I mentioned above are included in them. Now comes the question: Can I simply transfer the serials of the three softwares to someone else without having trouble? Thanks!

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited June 2022 Answer βœ“

Software bundled with a Hardware purchase cannot be transferred separately from the hardware, so in order to transfer that software you would have to transfer the hardware license...here is a link to an article on License transfer

All you need to know about License Transfer πŸ“š β€” Native Instruments Community (native-instruments.com)

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer βœ“

Hey @ocean_337 I see there you got an answer from our support team already, but just so others are aware:

If I don't transfer anything now, does it mean that these serials are wasted because that my S88MK2 and K13UCE include all of them?

Unfortunately, yes.

If I transfer these serials together with my Maschine hardware license BUT not giving my Maschine hardware away, can I still use this Maschine properly with the Maschine Essentials software that comes with my S88MK2?

Not really. We can detect this so there's a risk of your SW being disabled.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    edited June 2022 Answer βœ“

Software bundled with a Hardware purchase cannot be transferred separately from the hardware, so in order to transfer that software you would have to transfer the hardware license...here is a link to an article on License transfer

All you need to know about License Transfer πŸ“š β€” Native Instruments Community (native-instruments.com)

• ocean_337

Thank you for the info! But now I have two more questions, sorryπŸ˜‚

1.If I don't transfer anything now, does it mean that these serials are wasted because that my S88MK2 and K13UCE include all of them? So there's no better way to make use of them, but only leave them be?

2.If I transfer these serials together with my Maschine hardware license BUT not giving my Maschine hardware away, can I still use this Maschine properly with the Maschine Essentials software that comes with my S88MK2? In other words, can I use a Maschine without the hardware license or the software bundled with it but only with the software that comes with another hardware?

I know that my questions may sound stupid but that is exactly what I’m through right now. Thanks again for your patient reply!

• ocean_337

here are the screenshots.

Besides, I think I expressed not correctly - since that 'Transfer' refers to the serials already used, but mine are just 'Not Registerd'. So I think 'Give away' is better than 'Transfer'... Sorry for my poor English🀣

• Blindeddie

I would suggest contacting Account and Registration support for further assistance.

• ocean_337
  • Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer βœ“

Hey @ocean_337 I see there you got an answer from our support team already, but just so others are aware:

If I don't transfer anything now, does it mean that these serials are wasted because that my S88MK2 and K13UCE include all of them?

Unfortunately, yes.

If I transfer these serials together with my Maschine hardware license BUT not giving my Maschine hardware away, can I still use this Maschine properly with the Maschine Essentials software that comes with my S88MK2?

Not really. We can detect this so there's a risk of your SW being disabled.

• ocean_337

Thank you for the info! But as for the 2nd question, the support team told me that I could use my Maschine the way I said with no problem, I mean without the hardware license but with the software that comes with my S88. So what's the risk of my SW that my S88 brings (I mean Maschine Essentials, the full version of Maschine 2 with the Factory Selection)? I don't think it's associated with whether I give away my hardware license of my Maschine hardware or not.