How do I know if I'm accessing the Battery factory library or the expansion libraries?

Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 55 Member
edited June 2022 in Battery 4

I have purchased many NI expansion libraries that show up just fine in Maschine.... I'm guessing they are also accessible thru the Battery 4 app. How do I know if I'm accessing the Battery factory library or the expansion libraries?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The only way to truly tell is to right click the kit and select "Find in Explorer" (or Finder on Mac) it will take you to the folder where the kit lives, and the directory structure will tell you if it is a B4 Factory or an Expansion Kit.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The only way to truly tell is to right click the kit and select "Find in Explorer" (or Finder on Mac) it will take you to the folder where the kit lives, and the directory structure will tell you if it is a B4 Factory or an Expansion Kit.

• hendosyndrome
    hendosyndrome Member Posts: 3 Member

This is what I came here to put in the "suggestion box". Battery desperately needs a way to be able to search by expansion pack, just like you can on Maschine.

• ozan
    ozan Member Posts: 14 Member

Write expansion name to the search field. For Factory library write "Factory"

Of Course it would have been much better it it were like Maschine.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 389 Pro

That, and the ability to preview (listen to) Kits (like in Maschine). And an user interface at least twice as big as it is now…

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

I get the impression Battery is on the cusp of becoming Legacy, then remember Guitar Rig did get an upgrade (eventually) from 5 -> 6, so I live in hope.

I do think NI might be well placed in biting the bullet on their raft of ageing products and marking some as only getting minimal support (eg ports to new OS, VST3), some as abandonware and some as flagship. At least we'd know where we stand.

Yes a lot of plugins work very well many years later but if there was a core of things being focused on, we might see some more coherent development. I know companies like Arturia have a more limited scope, but when they release an update, it impacts a large number of products as they clearly share a lot of common code, and I don't see any being left behind.

It's something that puts my off upgrading Komplete, as well as it being a big bucket of stuff I won't use a lot of. #GripeOver