NKS User Library

Wolinger
Wolinger Member Posts: 19 Helper
edited February 1 in Komplete Kontrol

Kymeia says in Oct 27, 2015 - "Since there are a number of plugin devs not on board with NKS support (yet) I thought it would be useful to share mappings for their plugins to enable controlling them in KK until (hopefully) they release official NKS ones (with presets too)."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, how are you?

Since the old forum was closed after 15 years. I created this post to transfer all the content made in the post above or to post new ones in this discussion. Feel free to contribute to the community!

Comments

• Wolinger

I created this topic for anyone want contribute with community!

• yuma
    yuma Member Posts: 5 Member

Wonderful to have this here again. Thank you.

• Eight4aWish
    Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper
    edited January 2022

For reasons I don't understand NI has removed my question from this thread. I am reposting this back here in the hope that someone might be able to help.

Homemade nksf presets related. Tricky one. I can’t get all the images to display for “Audio Damage, Inc.” - “Phosphor3” and “Reveal Sound” - “Spire-1.5”. There are lots of offending characters in the vendor and plug-in names. I have tried the fixes mentioned on the old forum: removing characters from folder names, looking up the UPIDs in the NI pdf and grabbing UUIDs from nksf files (this number incidentally seems to be a preset ID and not a plugin ID). I am not on a Windows machine and can’t work out how to use a Mac equivalent to Windows Process Monitor to find the 32 character UPIDs in the event that KK or Machine are looking for a folder name with the UPID appended. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Update: I persevered with Mac opensnoop. However, it does not complain about missing files. I am currently wondering if there is another file that stores the location of the image files.

• Wolinger

Maybe you not instaled properly folder of images. I will check if i have this folders and i will send for you.

• Wolinger

@s_aizawa check this post

• Daniel
    Daniel Member Posts: 28 Member

Hey guys, I am searching for ".ogg" preview files for Heavyoctiy II … Unfortunately there is no ".previews" folder inside the library folder.

• s_aizawa
    s_aizawa Member Posts: 6 Member

I do have Spire and the image shows without any issues, so you may want to try this.

Try also with sample presets there.

• Eight4aWish
    edited January 2022

Thanks. I managed to get access to a Windows machine and found that KK was looking for files in folders labelled spire-15_e354a9614afbecb510f3f58914365aa5. For Phosphor3 I just changed the vendor name in the nksf files to "Audio Damage" instead of "Audio Damage, Inc."

• Eight4aWish
    edited January 2022

I have moved the various NKS Preset collections I have made (and Ableton packs because they use the same sound files) to a new shared folder:

I don't think these overlap with the fuller sets offered by others but do let me know and I will take them down.

NKS (presets, basic tagging, previews, some controller settings and artwork): Abyss*, BioTek 2, Concept 2, F'em, Imagine, Multiphonics CV-1, Phosphor3, Rapid, Reason Rack* (Europa, Grain, Kong, Maelstrom, Radical Piano, Thor), ROLI Studio Player, Spire-1.5

*(Maschine only mxinst files using Mac only AU component; no banks due to lack of mxinst equivalent of the nks gulp tools)

Ableton Packs (presets, folders, some controller settings and previews): Abyss, F-em, Generate, Multiphonics CV-1, Phosphor3, Rapid, ROLI Studio Player, Spire-1.5, Surge XT

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod
    edited January 2022

Hi guys. How did this thread work in the previous forum? Was Kymeia adding NKS packs into the dropbox link in the OP, or was it based on everyone just sharing what they have across individual posts?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,573 Expert

based on everyone just sharing what have across individual posts?

Basically that

• Eight4aWish

I was never sure whether the dropbox repository library mentioned in the links portion of this page https://sites.google.com/view/nks-libraries/home was intended as a central storage for all contributors. Very happy to contribute if that is the destination of choice. Even happier if NI would be a bit more open with documenting nksf/mxinst file formats and config file locations.