Is it possible to continue Komplete Ultimate installation on another computer?

elliotjohnston
elliotjohnston Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Native Access

I have the Komplete Ultimate Hard Drive and a new SSD Hard drive I was installing the files too. However, my internet speeds at the previous location were garbage so I disconnected the hard drives from my Mac Pro and brought my MacBook Pro up to our office, installed Native Access, attached the hard drives to continue installation and now NA is showing I need to install ALL instruments again.

Is there a way to continue installing the remaining 15+ instruments using my MacBook Pro?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

No, you cannot swap the installer between machines as there are registry files and other settings that get installed so you need to download it into the machine you want to use.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

No, you cannot swap the installer between machines as there are registry files and other settings that get installed so you need to download it into the machine you want to use.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

There is one thing that might help. You may ask NI to provide you with download links for products you need to install on computer with poor internet connection. You would download it somewhere with good download speeds and install it at home.

Or one may invoke download using Native Access on portable computer and copy installation file after NA downloads it and before NA deletes it. It works on Windows, should work also on Apple, I guess. But I do not know, where to NA downloads the file on Mac.