Maschine Mk3 issues cannot record in plugin ableton

2»

Answers

• Jdubbs75
    Jdubbs75 Member Posts: 28 Member

for some reason the mk3 pic did not go through so here it is working fine within the plugin except the transport controls

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello, no problem

if you press shift + midi, so you are then in midi mode and you press record, does it then record into ableton?

Uwe

• Uwe303

You have to set this button like shown in the second picture, then in midi mode it controls record of ableton. But like i said i would not recommend this for a beginner, learn maschine first and export audio to ableton if you need it later.

Uwe

• Jdubbs75

****** sorry i didnt see that this discussion went onto a 2nd page, i feel dumb. so i see what your saying, is midi mode the setting that i have in the picture above or is it a different screen. Maybe i am getting this confused.

• Uwe303

This picture is from control editor. And then the record button only works if you switch maschine into midi mode, otherwise it controls record in maschine. Another solution could be you use your computer keyboard to press record and then you don't have to switch back and forth between midi and native control mode, maybe also set a pre count in ableton so you have time.

Uwe

• Jdubbs75

no im sorry i meant the last pic i posted of the mk3 i know the control editor and how to map it now but is the picture of my mk3 whats considered midi mode or is it the other setting from shift channel

• Uwe303

Ahh ok, that's the native control mode, only if you enable host transport mode, the five buttons in the green line where send over midi to the DAW.

Uwe

• Jdubbs75

got ya well thanks guys ill learn how to use this in standalone master it then return to the daw use to be able to get it working that way and directly into the daw. for now i may just export and import to start off with until get really comfortable with maschine and then go from there. Thanks though and i will save this setup to use for future.