Traktor kontrol z2 phono inputs do not have signal, any thoughts?

Stathis
Stathis Member Posts: 3 Member

I finally managed to own a kontrol z2 mixer and plug my turntables to it. Unfortunatelly, the phono inputs seem not to work at all. I can't hear (or see on the led indicators) any input signal , whereas on the line input the signal is ok. The turntables are working good on another mixer.

Am I missing something or the mixer came dead to me?

Thanks in advance

Stathis

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Might be a hardware issue. Your case has now been handed over to our repair center.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

Have you checked in Preferences if the soundcard has phono input set to the proper channels of the mixer?

• Stathis

I didn't find such a setting on the audio interface preferences, or in traktor preferences. Can you please show me where I can find it? On the preferences table of traktor, a signal is shown when the turntable is connected (through another mixer) to the line input, but when connected to phono the signal is completely lost . Of course the switch is turned to phono.

The problem occurs also on standalone mode. Seems like the mixer has dead phonos

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

Hm, have a look at these: Setup&Manual

• Stathis

Both manual and setup guide are showing that the turntables have to be audible since they are wired to the device . From the manual:

"3Connect turntables, CD players, or other stereo audio sources to the INPUT connections (channels A and B) on the rear panel, turntables connect to the PHONO sockets, CD players connect to the LINE sockets. 4. The PH-LN switch at the very top of each channel on the top panel must be at the appropriate position in order for you to hear sound from that channel. If you have hooked up a turntable to the channel, be sure that this is switched to PH ("phono") and if you have connected CD players or other line-level inputs, the position should be LN ("line"). 5. Turn the MASTER output knob all the way down (to the left) to avoid unexpectedly loud levels. 6. Make sure that the TRAKTOR buttons at the top of each channel are off (not illuminated). If your Z2 is not connected to a computer, both buttons will be off anyway. 7. Connect the MAIN OUT outputs to a mixer or a pair of active speakers. 8. Plug your headphones into the front panel. 9. Get some sound coming from your turntables or CD players."

From the setup guide:

"After you have connected the second turntable, your TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 system is complete and should be connected as depicted above."

It isn't mentioned anything about signal routing on different channels. It seems that the signal has to be present since the turntables are connected to phono, but in my case there is no signal.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Might be a hardware issue. Your case has now been handed over to our repair center.