Guitar Rig 6 Amps not recording in Garageband

chrisroarke
chrisroarke Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi!

Is there some trick to getting the rack I've built in Guitar Rig 6 to record on the track in Garageband? All preferences have my Scarlett 2i2 as the audio interface configured properly. When I play, I hear the amp configured in Guitar Rig but when I play it back, all I hear is clean guitar. Very frustrating and at my wits end with this. Any help would be great!

Thank you!

cr

Best Answer

• chrisroarke
    Answer ✓

Hey Blindeddie- I wanted to thank you for chiming in on my issue. I was able to get the behavior I was expecting to work. For whatever reason, I had to add the GuitarRig6 Plug-In like 5 times on the same track. Seems the signal wasn't hitting the plug-in for processing if there was just 1 instance of the plug-in in the list.

I dunno - makes no sense to me, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to consider the issue as it was difficult to articulate on a forum.

Cheers!

cr

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Maybe this post from the old forum will help. Do note, that because GR is an insert effect, the output you hear does not get recorded, the raw guitar gets recorded and when playing back, If GR is set up properly as an effect you will hear the processed signal.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/guitar-rig-and-garageband.166442/

• chrisroarke

How is GR setup properly as an effect to hear the processed signal? As of now, I 'feel' I have it set up properly, but the track isn't playing it back with the processed signal.

Thanks a lot for your help!

cr

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited June 2022

I don’t have GarageBand, so I can’t test it for you, there may be some YouTube vids that could provide more info, or maybe another Garage Band user can chime in!

edit: found this doc in the support section… maybe it will help

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210292525-How-to-Insert-Native-Instruments-Plug-ins-in-GarageBand

Use the instructions for “inserting NI effects”

• chrisroarke
    Answer ✓

Hey Blindeddie- I wanted to thank you for chiming in on my issue. I was able to get the behavior I was expecting to work. For whatever reason, I had to add the GuitarRig6 Plug-In like 5 times on the same track. Seems the signal wasn't hitting the plug-in for processing if there was just 1 instance of the plug-in in the list.

I dunno - makes no sense to me, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to consider the issue as it was difficult to articulate on a forum.

Cheers!

cr