why does that one sample keep playing

bathe faith
bathe faith Member Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

after i pause a song that one sample keeps playing.. why?

im recording vocals and it’s frustrating bc i need to finish this project by the end of the week!!! someone please assist…

Tagged:

Best Answer

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 64 Helper
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Using the software it's on the Pitch/Envelope tab of the sampler:

It can also be selected using the hardware. For the MK3 it's on page 2.

Answers

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Is the sample set to one shot?

• bathe faith
    bathe faith Member Posts: 4 Member

how can u tell i’m sorry idk how to tell??

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 64 Helper
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Using the software it's on the Pitch/Envelope tab of the sampler:

It can also be selected using the hardware. For the MK3 it's on page 2.

• Johnny Goodyear
    Johnny Goodyear Member Posts: 2 Member

It's good that by selecting ADSR rather than one shot the sample stops when you hit Stop, but it doesn't start again from that spot, but instead you have to return to the start every time. IS there are way to make it stop but then restart from wherever you are?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

No. That's how Samplers behave... You're looking for a behavior similar to an Audio track, for such use the Audio Plugin instead.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,263 Expert

Which is quite a pity, since other programs (like Studio One) give the possibility to resume from the stopped position with also the “half way” midi playing (it means that if a midi note start was before the actual position, the sound will play anyway from the actual position.

It is a quite hidden feature (I don’t know how many Studio One users are aware of it) and you have to turn it on in preferences, but at least it’s there

• D-One
    edited April 2023

Yes, after like 40 years of sampler history that kind of thing is starting to pop up. That's innovation, a word that often doesn't go with "Maschine". Ableton also added MIDI playing midway thru a while back, S One should have it too.

It's tricky because it's a behavior that you often would not want, for example, if you have a long Cymbal Crash and you change to that pattern, you wouldn't want a crash to start playing midway thru... Or anything percussive for that matter, you'd lose the transient and just get a tail... 🤷‍♂️

• Johnny Goodyear
    Johnny Goodyear Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2023

Thanks for the feedback, the sampler/audio track delineation makes sense. I will go off and see what I can find on the tutorial front that will better explain how to use the Audio Plugin to import a three minute sample that I can stop and start as needed.

• D-One

Look into Clips aswell, for audio that long you will need it for sure.